The Science of Getting Rich

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Trader28Lite, Jan 16, 2007.

1. I don't get it, isn't it BLATANTLY obvious that it's snake oil? The website is only set up just like every other "work from home"/"get rich quick" scam website.

Or do you guys just need an excuse to argue and make claims about your greatness.

This will be in Chit-chat a.k.a. ET graveyard soon.

#51     Jan 17, 2007
  2. holygrail, not questioning your claim that you are a multi-millionaire.

i am curious though - an honest question: what draws you to trading if you have money and love what you do, and, what draws you to this losers and wanna-bes infested message board? if i was doing well in my career i wouldn't log into this dumpster in a million years. and the reason i do it now is not because i think this place will help me, it's just because i get carried away into it. why do you?

ps i hope you consider animal charity as a good use for your money.

#52     Jan 17, 2007
  3. I came to this board for one and only one reason. Over the last three years we have had four companies try to purchase our company. I do have a partner and I know one of these days we will end up accepting one of these offers. If we sell I will have to sign a non-compete clause. I'm 56 years old so I don't think I would start a new steel business all over again, and I have to do something challenging enough to keep me vital. The market is about as challenging as challenging can get. It will give me great pride to retire to successful full time trading.

I enjoyed trading in the 90's and was able to position trade from my desk while still handling my responsiblities at the company. I have never daytraded, and this is the original reason I came to the board. I wanted to learn about day trading. I soon came to realize that sitting in front of a screen all day was not my cup of tea so I learned swing trading. Not from anything I learned directly from this board, but more indirectly between the lines. This fit my style, and so far has been more profitable so I believe I could at least keep myself fulfilled should I decide to no longer work.

The board helps me with overall market senitiment, and to be perfectly honest, I love to debate. I will take any side of a debate whether I believe it or not just to push people to think.

I'm old school. I actually believe if you put forth the effort there is no excuse to fail.

There you have my no bullshit answer.

P.S. I have always donated very generously to charities even when I had no money.

#53     Jan 17, 2007
  4. well fair enough. yeah i guess it's all about the drive, which i probably don't have. at least not for 'becoming rich'. if i was truly rich all i would do is hedonist activities and would heavily involve myself in animal related charity. i have a weakness for these helpless creatures.

#54     Jan 17, 2007
  5. subban

subban

Well the only verified millionaire I know on these boards is Don Bright. Trader monthly listed is annual income last year as between 10 to 15 million dollars. So whats the secret to your success?

#55     Jan 18, 2007
  6. This is so VERY true both in business and trading. Drive and talent is what it takes. I have found that the driven people don't even look at it that way; they simply enjoy what they do and (therefore) operate at a much higher level than their competition - not to mention working much much more/harder.

#56     Jan 18, 2007
  7. You mean Bob Bright. He has decades of trading experience and is an excellent tape reader. Also, the Brights were exercising correllation, mean reversion and pair trading strategies at least 10 years ago, while most of us barely had a clue of what a bid & offer were. And he and his brother own one of the most reputable "prop" stock trading firms in the world and have been for a long time.
    So if you wanna copy that, think at least 2 decades. Except that you won't be trading the same market environment they have, far from it. And starting a new equity "prop" firm nowdays, well, let's just say "a bit late to the party".

LOL. This thread is pure comedy and it keeps on piling on.
    Don't mistake those that don't know how to relax & can't find a sense of accoplishment with those that can and can afford to do so. Plus, you may want to check on the work ethic of these supposedely "rich" people.
    I won't generalize, as I know both sides, but so far, most do not fall into this idealistic noble view.

#57     Jan 18, 2007
  8. It has been widely reported that 1% of the inhabitants of this planet earn about 96% of the money! This is not often due to talent, intelligence or hard work. The primary reason is that those 1% think differently that the other 99%. They have specialized knowledge of the metaphysics of money. Of course there are some welathy people that simply inherit their fortune and there are others who obtain it through ruthless drive and persistence, but a great deal understand the secrets of the millionaire mind. The other 99% have NO CLUE. They think that works like "Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, or Wallace Wattles' book or The Secret DVD just released are pure B.S.

In the trading arena success is almost totally dependent on your mindset and attitude! Ask anyone who has paid thousdands of dollars for a trading system and failed to make a fortune with it. Traders who have or can develop a real wealth consciousness are much more likely to amass a fortune than the 99% who are clueless. This assumes that you have a proven trading method as well, developed through years of deep thinking and application.

#58     Jan 20, 2007