The Science of Getting Rich

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Trader28Lite, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Yeah another keyboard millionaire arguing in a chat forum during market hours... jeez there's a lot of them about these days :)

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. I'm a multi-millionaire from my business, not totally from the stockmarket. That's why I have time to post on this board. Guess what? I did it without cybernetics, and without reading his book. Gee, whoda thunk it.

#12     Jan 17, 2007
  3. Suuuuure you are :)

#13     Jan 17, 2007
  4. what was it that made the bucks for you?

#14     Jan 17, 2007
  5. I've been in the steel business for 33 years. I walked away from a 125,000 per year job with 4 kids and a pregnant wife. In 1994 a friend of mine and I each put up 25,000 and started our own business selling stainless steel and aluminum. We flew to Mexico and got support from a mill, and a 500,000 line of credit on a hand shake because we had done business with them in the past with our previous employer. We grew the business and had locations in houston, san antonio, and dallas during the first five years.. We sold dallas and san antonio over the last couple of years.

This is a great country. If you want to be rich start your own business. Give the customer what he needs or thinks he wants, and do it as well or better than your competition and I can assure you that you will make it.

My two best friends did it right before I did, and they are multi-millionaires as well. That is what gave me the guts to do it. I felt if they could do it, I could as well. Hell anyone can do it if they have drive.

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

there is a kid downstairs from my office...who is raking it in selling alluminum ..i dont know how much but homeboy has all the toys...

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. All these multi millionaires that have nothing better to do...

Are they running with the bulls in Pamplona?

Sitting on their yacht surrounded by supermodels?

Holidaying in the Greek Isles with their family?

No sir... they are all here on ET telling us how much money they've made :)

#17     Jan 17, 2007
  8. I went to the greek isles for 3 weeks in 2004. I went to italy for 3 weeks in 2005. I went to Maui for 3 weeks last august. I love what I do, and I am not ready to retire.

You can always tell someone who doesn't have money because they think a person with money will retire immediately and travel around the world. People with drive don't do that. They continue to do what they are good at. It is the reason they exist.

#18     Jan 17, 2007
  9. Uh huh... just keep chatting to me in an online forum.... all the millionaires do :)

#19     Jan 17, 2007
  10. Just millionaires and deadbeats. They are the ones with time on their hands. I know which one I am, and I have a pretty good idea which one you are.

#20     Jan 17, 2007