the scary thing is

Discussion in 'Trading' started by renegade trader, Oct 24, 2008.

1. its obvious that the euro is a piece of s%^t, and the us dollar is going up. but why is the yen going up so much against the dollar?

also gold is going down since the dollar is gaining. but here in chicago i can not find any 24k gold coins what is really going on?

here is a great quote from THOMAS JEFFERSON

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

2. Jefferson was an agrarian to a large degree and Hamilton was an Industrialist\Imperialist. Banks are necessary problem is, when there is widespread greed and the fed does nothing to prevent and then says (we could not know/it is not our job to stop bubbles) I think there was a bubble in US equities\OIL\EURO (may even be in gold I have not looked at the chart) I doubt we will see 1:1 EUR/USD but a move to saner levels is in order.

3. Massive unwinding of the carry trade. Huge short positions in the yen being forced to cover.

It is NOT a reflection of the strength of Japan.

4. Fantastic quote from a great American.

5. Cutten

Cutten

Risk-aversion and deleveraging.

6. Cutten

Cutten

Then again, Japan is in a far stronger position to weather this recession than any other country in the west. They had no property bubble, their banks made conservative loans, and the system has the least leverage.

IMO even without the carry trade unwind, there would be a good bull case for the Yen.

7. Hell yes our founding fathers were on to something very special with their common sense constitutional ideas.....and today we have totally abandoned what use to make us so special in the world. Now the US government and military is littered with unrighteous cowardly men!!! :mad:

8. yes our founding fathers were the best. the constitution is the greatest piece of work ever written. smokes TORAH BIBLE AND KORAN. my religion is the constitution.

9. iprph90

iprph90

but here in chicago i can not find any 24k gold coins what is really going on?

FYI: very difficult animal to find and probably not a good idea anyway. 24k gold does not have good mechanical wear properties. copper, silver, or palladium are added to increase hardness of the gold. look for 20k or 22k.

10. piezoe

piezoe

Your position is common, however my own view is just the opposite, viz., the US constitution is hopelessly obsolete in many material respects, and US citizens should tear it up and start over with a constitution suited to the 21st century.

I don't want to argue, just want to point out this bit of common wisdom Re the US Constitution is not accepted by everyone.

#10     Oct 25, 2008