The Scary Thing About "Joe the Plumber"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Oct 19, 2008.

1. The GOP is the party of "family" values , right ?

McCain Divorced his first wife, Carol, after she had a horrible car accident and got disfigured, so goes loyalty

Palin has a pregnant teen daughter, so goes good parenting skills.

Joe the plumber is a uncertified plumber, late on his taxes, and a single divorced dad. So goes personal responsibility.

Its the party of Hypocrites.

#11     Oct 19, 2008
  2. The bottom line is that if the economy was in as good a shape as it was in the 90's than the tax issue would not be as strong. The problem is that Obama wants to raise taxes on an economy that is in the shitter. Thats like hurting your own country on purpose.

#12     Oct 19, 2008
  3. 3% marginal tax rate increase over 250k. Big deal.
    I'm fine with it. I proudly pay my taxes.

All I want, on Nov 5, is to watch the GOP DESTROYED.

#13     Oct 19, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

He needs no license or certification to practice out in the townships. If a licensed plumber is willing to let him practice under his, thats all it takes.

#14     Oct 19, 2008
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Those are all lies.....That Obama, there he goes again.

#15     Oct 19, 2008
  6. He makes 40k, why is he bitching about over 250k income minor tax increases ?

#16     Oct 19, 2008
  7. Lies ? you mean Palin's daughter is NOT pregnant ? Do you live in a closet ?

#17     Oct 19, 2008
  8. Mercor

Mercor

3% taken out of the investment class is huge. Even in a bank that would be lent out at 5 to 1 leverage. That is a lot in investment money to take out of the business community.

Obama will convert it to the consumer market. Simular to your "T-model" example.
    Right now we have too much consumer spending and not enough business spending.

#18     Oct 19, 2008
  9. Not really, if that money is used in a gov project like alternative energy. Its macroeconomic effects would be far superior than keeping it in a bank and lent for yet another McDonalds joint. Have you ever heard about a DARPA project called the internet ?
    Moreover, Banks are now SWIMMING in liquidity. Liquidity is not a problem right now.

paying your taxes is more patriotic than wearing a flag pin, or putting a "we support our troops" sticker on the back of your car.

#19     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Even Republicans must cringe when you lie like this, Mercor. These 3 items are all matters of fact. Are you suggesting that McCain did not divorce his disfigured wife? That Palin does not have a pregnant teenage daughter? That Joe isn't late on his taxes?

You guys are always claiming the left lies through it's teeth. Don't you think that if you're going to lie, you should lie about something that everyone doesn't already know the truth about??

I hope Obama wins just because it's what you deserve for being so pointlessly dishonest.

#20     Oct 19, 2008