The Saudi connection to Boston

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

The journalist vs. opinionator argument started from petsamo.

#21     Apr 22, 2013
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're using the ol' "Bush was worse" argument you liberals like. You think that because some idiot on the right did it, that makes it ok when all idiots on the left do it.

#22     Apr 22, 2013
  3. That's a pretty easy argument. There are no journalists anymore. Just a bunch of political commentators, most of whom can't get past their own bias, and as of late, don't even try. Occasionally one of them stumbles upon the truth.

#23     Apr 22, 2013
  4. jem

jem

what is your definiton of journalist.

if the defintion means the journalist does not argue for is or her opinion... nobody regularly on evening cable is a journalist. (that I can think of )

Anderson Cooper tries... but he does argue sometimes.

#24     Apr 22, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Arguing is ok, so long as you're trying to expose something - a cover up, or a fact that your interviewee does not want to reveal.

#25     Apr 22, 2013
  6. jem

jem

I think we agree.
    being combative with an difficult subject to expose facts can be the job of a journalist... arguing for your point is the sign your are not a journalist.

which is why I personally leave anderson cooper in the journalist category... but, I have seen him cross the line a few times.

#26     Apr 22, 2013
  7. I'm curious, you being about the stupidest fucker on the net:How do you shower without drowning?

#27     Apr 22, 2013
  8. Sticking to one that's as malevolent and maladaptive as yours : takes a special kind of fuckking stupid . AA incompetence strikes again

#28     Apr 22, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

I was just thinking about that very topic. Of all the people I've known in my life we have some of the stupidest people I've ever talked to right here on ET. And, I'm wondering if others I see every day are as ignorant but in real life they keep it disguised so the casual person just doesn't see it.

Or, on the other hand, we really do have some of the dumbest people in the world right here posting on ET. But if that is the case, then the left in Congress would be an amazing select few that rival the foolish minds here.

#29     Apr 22, 2013
  10. Eight

Eight

We got bombed by Saudis, the WTC, bombed once and then planes flew into it. We never retaliated against Saudia Arabia, instead we went for Afghanistan and Iraq. Now we got bombed by Chechnyians and we won't retaliate against them either because they are inside Russia.

These asymmetrical attacks are something else, you can't go after the perps' countries of origin necessarily.

I'm advocating that we learn to recognize psychopaths, database their predator asses very overtly with their pictures up on the internet and all that. I know one, got busted for felony sex with a minor and got his picture on the internet via megans list. He is greatly suppressed in his activities and has to sit around all the time trying to tell people how he is innocent just like all the lying psychopaths do that are in jails.

The older Brother recent bomber is very much fitting the psychopath profile, if his little bitch ass was identified as same, all the people that were influenced/beaten/murdered by knife/blown up by him wouldn't have even been with the guy at all. He apparently did a triple homicide before, that wouldn't happen if people were warned..

Radical Islam is very dependent on using psychopaths to further it's aims in the West, we could hamper it by diagnosis at their first offense of any kind and putting that information out where people, non radical Islamists included, could be warned. Diagnosis by brain scans is about 100% accurate.

#30     Apr 22, 2013