The same dweebs screaming Global Warming!!!!! are the worst offenders

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SoesWasBetter, Nov 5, 2017.

1. comagnum likes this.
  2. OldSpec

OldSpec

What makes you think they are the same people?!

d08 and Sig like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

4. Sig

Sig

Which people would those be again?

You're really hung up on this climate change thing, I'm genuinely mystified as to why you are choosing this of all things to fall on your metaphorical sword of rational thought over?

d08 likes this.
  5. Hoi

Hoi

To put that CO2 in perspective:
    It equals "only" to 20.000 cars a year (driving 10000 km each) to get the whole years Bitcoin production (655k coins).
    I know for sure that the banking industry has many more than 20.000 employs driving in their car to work.........

I don't say its good to "waste" Energy and CO2, but crypto isn't the worst culprit here.

6. Sig

Sig

I've actually thought about putting together a heating system for my home made up of mining graphics cards. It's no less thermally efficient than a resistance electric heater (we don't have gas service on our road) and I get the added benefit of the coin. Plus my solar panels are creating the electricity so since they're a sunk carbon cost I may as well maximize their production.

d08 likes this.
  7. The problem is , you can't make more than 50k a year per rig, and as we all know, most here on ET spend more than that for lunch

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  8. Sig

Sig

Well if I could sell it to 10,000 people then it would start to be worth the effort. If only I had a way to lock in the price on the Bitcoin I knew I would produce in the future......

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm heating half my home with rigs running 24/7 right now ~1600 watt, though not been super cold yet

#10     Nov 6, 2017