The sadness of war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

"wartorn 1861 to 2010"...a documentary on hbo. its on hbo on demand. A look at a part of war we may not think about. The real sadness of war is sometimes miles away and years after the battlefield.

#51     Nov 21, 2012
  2. nitro

nitro

3. nitro

nitro

There is absolutely a code of conduct in war. For example, biological weapons have all but been agreed to be banned from war. Using it is a sure way to align every country in the world against you.

#53     Nov 27, 2012
  4. Schaefer

Schaefer

Now, I'm confused. Are you saying that we're using biological, and nuclear weapons against the talibans? :confused: We are using conventional bombs, rockets, and bullets.

Also, please cite the source of your, so called, "code of conduct in war". I'd love to educate myself, and may be even forward it to our ignorant military :D

Schaefer

#54     Nov 28, 2012
  5. nitro

nitro

#55     Mar 15, 2013
  6. War is not without it's consequences, even the "Holy" ones. There may be some innocent kids, but there are no innocent adults. Everyone participates, even though most don't know it or acknowledge it.

#56     Mar 15, 2013
  7. I didn't watch the clip, I know mistakes can and do happen in war, mistakes happen in every business so why would war be any different. Over all especially considering how young many of those guys are I think they do a damn good job. My issue is how in the hell is our guys fighting and dying over there protecting my freedom...hint it isn't. It's a political war and our people are needlessly dying.

#57     Mar 15, 2013
  8. The intial invasion was justified. Everyone, including the Clinton's, and most every dem were convinced by the what we now know was faulty intel, and it was faulty going way back before Bush. Idiot that he was, I can't pin that solely on him. The risk was just too high after 9/11. Once we found there were no WMD's we should have split right then and there. Mesaage to Saddam and the rest of the world. Don't talk smack, cause of you do, we're coming in to see what's what. Message delivered and that's the end of it. Instead...well, we all know the cluster F this has turned into.

#58     Mar 15, 2013
  9. Would they rather it have been a small mushroom cloud , I would have used a neutron bomb on their butts.

#59     Mar 15, 2013
  10. That's funny, I remember reading Iraqi munitions used during Desert Storm caused birth defects in the children of our soldiers.

#60     Mar 15, 2013