The sadness of war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Nov 6, 2012.

1. After trying to stick up for the Taliban, I'd expect no less from you :p

#41     Nov 6, 2012
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Unfortuntately people just dont seem to grasp this. We are considered terrorists in other parts of the world....leapup no offense to you or others who have served your country. Surely you are smart enough to understand what NITRO may be trying to say. I dont think he is basing the "sadness on war" on just this one video but more on the history of the US intervening where perhaps it shouldnt and starting baseless wars. I am not saying that terrorists should not be brought to justice either.....but invading countries and killing people that may be innocent ( kids, women, fathers who have nothing to do with taliban or terrorism ) can sure rally people against us , making it more harmful in the long run than good, if you dont see that sorry. and saying that this is a casualty of war is exactly what they want you to think....again I dont mean any offense to anyone that opposses my view....

#42     Nov 6, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

His thinking is exactly what is destroying the United States. Until we recognize such people for what they really are and act accordingly we will spiral downward towards impact.

#43     Nov 6, 2012
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

No worries. I bled on my second hitch in Iraq so you can be free to speak freely in America... You can speak your mind, but spineless guys like nitro run when confronted by guys like me who've been there as he sat in his warm little home calling the shots days after they were fired....:(

Btw, Ocommunost just won PA. Civil war looms so close...:(

#44     Nov 6, 2012

5. This is with out a doubt, the best post I've read on this site. Plenty can talk all they want, relish in the glory, accepting the pats on the back, and many other things.

There's a real sadness that comes with the reality of war. The saddest part is when the important lessons aren't learned. Others would do well to listen.

#45     Nov 7, 2012
  6. you think war is Civil?

go crawl back in your hole. Your day will come soon enough

#46     Nov 7, 2012
  7. nitro

nitro

I don't get what is so honorable and what "rush" anyone gets from the use of extreme advantage to kill someone. I realize this is not wrestling and boxing where two evenly matched opponents square off, or two samruai standing at arms length to square off in battle, but if I went and beat up on a kid and got a rush from it, don't you think I would be a little sick?

It may be necessary, but to take pride in this kind of thing is ill-conceived. It should instead be seen as sad situation with no positive outcome. All I see in that video is a bully.

#47     Nov 7, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

You're seeing a bully in that video???? What you were seeing was numerous terrorists mounting an ambush on AMERICANS. What you were seeing were terrorists being taken out BEFORE they could kill Americans. Would you prefer the terrorists kill our guys shithead?:mad:

#48     Nov 7, 2012
  9. nitro

nitro

I see your point and the point is well taken.

#49     Nov 7, 2012
  10. Schaefer

Schaefer

Nitro, you're still confused with sportsmanship, and war. There's no such thing called, "fairness" in war, hence war is sad. Watch the video again without bias, and you'll see that the Apache pilots, and gunners involved were not taunting, denigrating, or yelling, "Jesus is great" every time they pulled the trigger.

They were professionals, doing their job, as they were supposed to do. Further more, see how they avoided the donkeys, and pitched tents to avoid collateral damage (ie: women and children in tents?). You would not see this kind of professionalism from many armies around the world.

Also, if you think boxing is fair; you obviously have never been in a fight in the ring. If my opponent hits me in my right eye, and I couldn't see very well anymore, do you think he would stop hitting me in the right eye, or punch me on my left side only? Fat chance of that happening, my friend. He would exploit every disadvantage I have, until I was beaten to a pulp, or knocked out.

Similarly, two samurais squaring off each other only exists in the movies. In real world, they would've assassinated each other using their henchmen, so they wouldn't have to square away one on one.

All that aside, great trending day today, and I'm done for the day :p

Schaefer

#50     Nov 7, 2012