The sadness of war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Nov 6, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I was unaware of your service. My family and I are very grateful.

Thank You.

#21     Nov 6, 2012
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

The Heroes were the Men who didn't come home alive, or were badly injured during the Hell of Earth we were ordered to go through...

Thank you though!

#22     Nov 6, 2012
  3. Arnie

Arnie

At 5:20 one of the donkeys takes a shit. Hahaha

Thanks for posting this. Everyone the shot looked like a hostile to me. They let that one guy walking with cane through the village go.

:D

#23     Nov 6, 2012
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I thought the donkeys handled the situation rather well!

#24     Nov 6, 2012
  5. Schaefer

Schaefer

- LEAPup, thank you for your service.

- Nitro, that's what war is all about.

- Kudos to the Apache pilots, and gunners. No donkeys were harmed in this precision termination of the taliban scum.

Schaefer

#25     Nov 6, 2012
  6. This is why the world hates the US!

#26     Nov 6, 2012
  7. Cunt

#27     Nov 6, 2012
  8. hughb

hughb

It was definitely horrible, but I don't understand how you can say it's murder. They were obviously armed fighters. I thought I was going to wretch when they finished off the wounded fighter as he was writhing on the ground, but it was necessary. When I see combat video like this I think back to 9/11 and remember my fellow Americans dying horrible deaths in those buildings. I justify my anger as payback. Revenge doesn't belong to the lord, it belongs to the US military.

#28     Nov 6, 2012
  9. Yeah except those current Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11 and the original Taliban had only a tangential role. Al Qaeda is essentially gone from Afghanistan, so why are we still there. $58,000 per hellfire missile might have something to do with it.

#29     Nov 6, 2012
  10. The video graphicly shows the horror of war, almost. It's much more horrible when you're actually in it. Yes, it is filled with sadness for those killed in combat and their loved ones. It goes both ways. It's lot's of things, but no one was murdered in that video.
    A salute to the enemy warriors who keep pushing forward and continuing to fight even though they were seriously outgunned. Not everyone can do that. I respect that. Not that we shouldn't be killing them in battle, but I respect any man who goes up against it and keeps pushing forward.

#30     Nov 6, 2012