The S&P will see 1000 before 1100

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by birdstone, Sep 18, 2009.

will the S&P see 1000 or 1100 first ?

1. 1000

47 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. 1100

51 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. I don't know/ I don't care/ another alias?

28 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. This website is about trading, and real traders take a stand. In these posts you choose both sides of the answer, ensuring you will be right. That's great for you, but totally unrealistic to real trading.

#41     Oct 9, 2009
  2. One is me stating what looks to be happening. The other is me stating what I would like to see happen.

They are not in conflict. Notice how I avoid making a prediction? That is because

I DONT KNOW

I hope that is clear enough for you.

#42     Oct 9, 2009
  3. Crystal clear. As clear as an azure sky.

It's clear that you don't trade stocks and stock index futures at all.

#43     Oct 9, 2009
  4. Surprised it took you that long to get that piece of info. Especially considering that I told you it about 3 months ago.

I trade forex, and occasionally gold/silver.

#44     Oct 9, 2009
  5. Notice how Mr. Birdstone, despite being new to ET, did NOT call a top in this thread. The bird man is not that stupid, as there is nothing to indicate a top right here.

On the contrary, with all the dim bulbs calling "this is the top, this is it" in this trading section, it obviously cannot be that easy.

And why are all of these ridiculous "this is the top, this is it" threads being allowed to stay in the trading section? I don't know, but it doesn't show ET in a positive light. It's amateur hour here...all day long.

#45     Oct 12, 2009
  6. They're in there because despite being wrong, they've promoted good conversation - unlike this thread.

And why are you pretending you are new to ET? Or did you just mean that this username is new to ET?

#46     Oct 12, 2009
  7. yes einstein.

You looking for a fight amigo? It's a slow day and i'm feeling frisky. Let me know and we can go bombs away!

Btw- thx for honoring your word and keeping this thread clean--seriously--as long as you do that, new birdstone stays and maybe, just maybe, will give the level where this market IS a good sell.
    good conversation? lol

#47     Oct 12, 2009
  8. If it weren't for our conversation, there wouldn't be any in this thread at all! I was just getting tired of crickets.

#48     Oct 12, 2009
  9. We'll hit 1100 in the night session on Weds. morning. I'd say about 2:08 AM EST (USA).

#49     Oct 12, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Check out this almighty poll from cnbc. The bulls have spoken!!!!!!!!

CNBC Poll: Tell Us What You Think
    When will the Dow cross 10,000? * 3542 responses
    Today
    2.7%
    This week
    44%
    By the end of the month
    20%
    By the end of the year
    19%
    Not sure
    14%
    Not a Scientific Survey. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.

#50     Oct 12, 2009