The S&P topped at 2601

Discussion in 'Trading' started by volente_00, Nov 21, 2017.

The S&P topped at 2601

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  3. You're still an idiot for shorting this

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

There is strange disconnect between the S&P (breakeven at the moment) and Nasdaq (down -1.5%) usually this signals a change. Even yesterday the NDX didn't participate in the huge rally, I think it is trying to tell us something...

#51     Nov 29, 2017
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I do, but although a Participation Trophy is nice, you can't buy anything with it in the store. So we don't give out lollipops for trying...

By the way you didn't answer my question why you stayed in a profitable short for way too long (until it went deep in the red) when you were expecting another ATH?

#52     Nov 29, 2017
  3. Yup. Mean sector rotation today.

If this does in fact reverse from here, that stop call from 2631 wasn't bad...and if used to inform day trading as Volente suggests, it could be very profitable. I wouldn't be surprised to see his 100 point range being relevant for weeks to come. It's happened before.

#53     Nov 29, 2017
  4. Visaria

Visaria

If u r gonna go counter trend then you need tight stops and the ability to admit you are wrong v quickly. I did say to volente to stick his stop at 602 if he thought the top was 601. You have to keep going back in and be ok with losing small amounts multiple times. Whether or not the time you do catch the turn will pay for all the losers, maybe...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    #54     Nov 29, 2017
    Vertex likes this.
  5. Visaria

Visaria

What is the motivation for doing so? As I read recently, are u interested in being a prophet or in making a profit? Do u want to impress a bunch of strangers or are u more interested in your financial well being?

#55     Nov 29, 2017
  6. bone

bone

All kidding aside I appreciate your sheer tenacity. And at some point the market will indeed sell off. Personally, I have never had the talent for my opinion to be accurately reflected in the actual market. I would make a terrible market prognosticator. If I couldn't model time and sales with a reasonable level of competency I would have been screwed long ago.

#56     Nov 29, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is hindsight, but on the NDX daily there was a dragon formation indicating 4620 as top, but I missed it. How well, you can't catch all the fish....

#57     Nov 29, 2017
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Bears trying to sink their fangs into FANGS

#58     Nov 29, 2017
    bone likes this.
  9. bone

bone

I can't help but to think that the corporate tax rate structural changes are factoring into this big time. Companies who stockpiled cash off-shore are going to benefit from this immensely. Smarty pants CEO's will repatriate $$$, buy back shares, and make bank on their stock options.

Amen Brother. Quite the flush.

#59     Nov 30, 2017
  10. should be set for a good move higher soon

#60     Nov 30, 2017