The S&P put in another short term bottom on April 11

Discussion in 'Trading' started by volente_00, Apr 11, 2006.

Did the S&P just put in another short term bottom on April 11 at 1283 ?

1. Right on, see you shorties at 1334.

32 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. The last 4 calls were pure luck, we are going much lower than 1283.

28 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. volente_00

volente_00

Back again, going for 5 for 5. I say we saw yet another short term bottom in the S&P today at 1283. Short term target in the 1334 area between now and the end of May.

2. you obviously didn't vote...or voted the other way:eek:

3. 1000

Not after 2 head fakes.

4. volente_00

volente_00

I never vote in my polls.

5. I use higher timeframe analysis and prop calculations which I post on my weblog to monitor where value buyers are willing to offset momentum sellers.

It allowed me to buy Gold recently on 3/23 (still long) and many other stocks and futures with a high win-raito and minimal risk.

Here's my near term scripts for stock indices.

http://street-noise.net/articles/?p=49

You can also download my daily trading notes in the attached PDF.

6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I have to at least mention here that the last call (poll) was to see V at 1330. We didn't make it there-at least not yet, so I think this is premature. In addition, you remarked that bears would not push through 1290, but I think that has happened ---at least in cash it has. I don't understand here. The last call I don't believe was a success, but we are starting a new call with the last one now being reported as the 4th success in a row?

7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This trade has been offering itself for quite some time.

8. volente_00

volente_00

My target has remained the same, 1330 area. I am calling short term "BOTTOMS" not "TOPS" From my last short bottom call at 1295 we went 17 points higher. The majortiy did not agee with me at 1265 when I said we would see 1300 and I do not expect it to be any different this time.

9. volente_00

volente_00

This is a poll, go spam elsewhere.

10. 1000

That's just to confuse the Chinese.:D

Anyway on a serious note, future and cash spreads still have to be crushed. Been since about last Oct when futures were negative on cash, I think.

#10     Apr 11, 2006