The S&P has topped !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by formal gold, Jan 10, 2012.

Has the S&P topped out around 1290-1300 ?

1. yes

25 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. no

37 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. oh geez / I don't know

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. Humpy

Humpy

The US trade imbalance has gone from -44billion last month to -47 billion.

For years the US has been telling others to open up their economies even in dire straights ! Now that the US is in a precarious position are they going to accept the "rotten" advice they have been giving out for years , for themselves ?

Bernanke & co should be retired off to an American Uni or better still - the funny farm. You can't fiddle the figures for ever and enough is enough.

US business is generally doing quite well in the circumstances, it's those rascally politicians that are wasting the country's capital.

#51     Jan 13, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

ANOTHER top thread?

:D

#52     Jan 13, 2012
  3. I'm feeling real good about the premise of this thread right about now. And I believe I have a right to feel this way given how the market is currently acting.

#53     Jan 13, 2012
  4. Has the S&P topped ?

Yes.

#54     Jan 14, 2012
  5. TILT2

TILT2

OK. now you say that S&P has topped. If it had a new recent high next week, your point would be turned out to be wrong.

#55     Jan 14, 2012
  6. Well, according to everything I look at on a swing basis, you have a 60/40 chance of a multi-day downer.

Oh my, whatever will I do.

For starters, short QQQ and ORCL going into next week. Those are my only overnight holdings, both via options, btw, to limit the loss if it's wrong.
    I was nicely positive Friday on shorts of NEM, ORCL (this one was wrong), and QQQ. Cashed em all in (ORCL in the first part of the day, which limited the damage by a lot; since earnings the bounce on this is beginning to look like a real move up. Still playing it to return to its post-earnings lows, though), then did the options thing, as this is after all a three-day weekend we have here.
    A multi-day downmove is not quite the same thing as a multi-year top on the S&P, of course. But if we do have a couple of days in a row of down next week we'll never hear the end of it, it appears.

Whatever will I do. Oh my.

#56     Jan 14, 2012
  7. Well golly gee, I'm going to have to check my own thread daily now to see what your %'s are for my success.

I don't care about how much i'm making according to the premise of this thread, it's more important to me to have your approval and read your take and %'s.

Thanks for your unsolicited opinions.

#57     Jan 15, 2012
  8. I have a lucky feeling that this is going to be a good week!

#58     Jan 16, 2012
  9. volente_00

volente_00

ASSume the position rubberbird

#59     Jan 16, 2012
  10. volente_00

volente_00

yo redbird update us on what 1300 calls you sold back at 1290 spx

#60     Jan 17, 2012