The S&P has topped !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fly down, Jan 4, 2011.

Has the S&P topped and headed for a sharp correction?

1. yes

58 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. no

59 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. I don't know / I don't care / I don't like you

73 vote(s)
    38.4%
  1. cmon who doesn't like a rigged market to the upside? I do admit that a nice fast crash is a good time but if you blink you'll miss it and if you watch the pot boil you might be broke before it comes.

#41     Jan 10, 2011
  2. candles

candles

x2.
    The market is rigged, but I love it.
    Just embrace it. When you know we will continue to go up, making money is easier.

#42     Jan 10, 2011
  3. True. But it is also prone to sharp corrections that are inevitable, like the one that will occur with the onset of january earnings.

#43     Jan 10, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

Great analysis. I'll have to write that down somewhere.

#44     Jan 10, 2011
  5. the sharpness of the downside may surprise even the most greedy bears. [​IMG]

mark my post!

but i agree with those who say that the top can't be timed reliably.

#45     Jan 10, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

decline, eh?

1271 in pre-market, and this is even before pomo begins. last pomo of this schedule ends at 11AM, right before the new pomo schedule begins at 2PM.

top indeed.

#46     Jan 11, 2011
  7. gobar

gobar

woo hooo

short 1273 .. stop 1278...

buy @ 1200 :D

#47     Jan 11, 2011
  8. so the shorts have 3 hours to knock down this market

#48     Jan 11, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

pomo finished, 1275.

haha...top.

#49     Jan 11, 2011
  10. bone

bone

All of these posters who start a thread with a proclamation and try to time the S&P in terms of a major market reversal are consistently wrong because they are using incorrect timeframe sampling horizons in their analysis. Some of them are also, IMO, over-reliant upon wave count techniques.

The market has clearly accepted these price levels as correct value, and the more time that we spend at these levels the further this gets reinforced. When a market is in a rally trend, I am looking only at the lows. I want to see if the lows can get taken out in successive sessions, and if indeed we are witnessing a series of higher lows.

ES future Monthly:

[​IMG]

ES future Weekly:

[​IMG]

#50     Jan 11, 2011