The S&P has topped at 1150

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James Stock, Jan 29, 2004.

Has the S&P topped at 1150?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. I don't know, I cannot answer

22 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. Well said. It's nice to see that there are a few normal apples here.

Now, I have three signals for this week (don't blame me--I bought walters course): one is down, one is up, and one is down. Then net signal is down. And so i'm holding short the Feb 1175 and 1200 calls.

#21     Feb 2, 2004
  2. Let him pick a top. I am curious you are short the calls, how do you do that? Do you have to be on the floor of an exchange I only know of buying a call and a put. My friend dabbles in options in fact he bought options long on Dell the other day. He bought 2 May 35 calls spent about 100 buck he said that he thinks his money can double in the the next 3-4 months. Just a tiip for those looking for fast money or slow money. He is very smart. Anyway how do you short a call?

#22     Feb 2, 2004
  3. Thank you for letting me pick a top.

If your friend "buys" calls, chances are he will lose trading options. You do hit a home run every once in a while, but overall you'll lose.

How do I short a call? Easy, sell it before you buy it, and make sure you have enough margin in your account to cover the transaction. And since brokerage firms view naked selling of options as risky, they want a fair amount of capital as margin.

#23     Feb 2, 2004
  4. Your welcome. I have always felt that ET is good because members get to say what they want. No need to thank me James Stock.

#24     Feb 2, 2004
  5. Looks like we'll test 1150 again this week. Will resistance hold? This is so exciting.

#25     Feb 2, 2004
  6. prox

prox

Top of the year, doubt it.

#26     Feb 2, 2004
  7. I'm not so sure we'll be re-testing 1150 this week.

#27     Feb 2, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

James, what price did you sell those feb 1175 calls for?

#28     Feb 2, 2004
  9. It was many different prices and trades.

After the last brou-ha-ha about the 1200 calls, it may be best to say simply that I am short them.

#29     Feb 2, 2004
  10. The price is higher than today's range. But if I said a figure, that would bring out pig vomit and others, who would tell me I'm magically making things up after the fact.

Hope you understand.

#30     Feb 2, 2004