The S&P 500 will top at 3250

Discussion in 'Trading' started by volente_00, Dec 28, 2019.

Will the S&P top at 3250 and pull back 9.23% ?

1. Yes but it won't reach your 9.23% pullback

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Yes and it will reach your 9.23% level of 2948 SPX

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. No way, Trump is taking this sucker to 3400

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  4. Who cares you are still early to the top

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You are just one of a large crew on here who have compared this bull at various points to the 1990s and mostly been wrong every single time. And the reason is simple, you need to look at actual performances and actual fundamentals to do a proper comparison. Any time I brought up REAL metrics years ago on here people ignore them and prefer an emotionally based will to crash the market.

Dot com companies had far worse fundamentals and the Nasdaq went up in 1998 similar to this year's performance. So one has to ask what might occur in 2020 if you feel the 1990s are instructive. 1999 was the best year to be long the Nasdaq in history. I don't see anyone warning the bears on here. Funny how that works.

My point, you are too early and overstating the nature of any valuation issue. Without a true catalyst to crash the bull, it won't. In fact, 2019 was one of the easiest years to make money IF you didn't trade/invest emotionally.

#41     Dec 30, 2019
    zdave83 and Overnight like this.
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You are delusional, cut the crap you traded horribly in 2019 because you had an unwarranted emotional bias and lacked the discipline to abandon your ideas when they failed ( I could cite one short you took on here immediately after getting stopped out of another short as proof of that ). Enough with the bs, own your mistakes and try to understand what you did wrong.

#42     Dec 30, 2019
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Making money doesn't seem to be the point with some of these guys. It's all about making fearless short calls against trend hoping to be a hero to their followers on here.

#43     Dec 30, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Yeah, the dot.com bust was pretty spectacular. It was the dawn of the internet, and everyone was pumping money into companies they did not understand. This is my favorite example...

A spectacular example of FAIL.

#44     Dec 30, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Oh, and to answer you more subdued point, the investing world is a lot smarter about tech today than it was 25 years ago, when tech was the "new thing". Tech and the NASDAQ are understood a lot more now by the people who invest, because they have had 25 years of exposure since the boom/bust of it. And they now understand how pR0n works.

It may seem laughable in that light, but it makes you think...Why is Tech the leading sector now for the last 26 years? Hrmm!

#45     Dec 30, 2019
  6. schizo

schizo

That's what they said back in the 90s, and they'll keep repeating the same thing every time: "THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT!". My answer is: bullshit.

Listen, I've been trading for nearly 30 years. Already been through 3 recessions. I've heard all the excuses. It's not different this time. It has never been different. It's always the same: GREED and FEAR.

#46     Dec 30, 2019
    volente_00 likes this.
  7. lol .. more like mean reversion to the 200 day MA

#47     Jan 1, 2020
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Actually this time is different indeed. Fed pumped some many trillions in, so it might be a while until balloon pops. But when it does, it ain’t gonna be pretty.

#48     Jan 1, 2020
    volente_00 and themickey like this.
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Your reply has absolutely no connection to what I posted. Drop the themes and overdone rhetoric and come on back to earth. It might make you some money in the long term.

#49     Jan 1, 2020
  10. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

I'll tell you one substantial difference between now and 20 years ago (I was also trading back then), the markets had a lot more of the "momo" throughout the trading session. It wasn't just whack a mole during the first 15 minute interval of the day, then bid sitting. Most of us who trade and watch this stuff intra-day in recent times have noticed that the range is either overnight drift or a quasi price fix on the opening bar or the final 15 minutes prior to cash close.

#50     Jan 1, 2020