The S&P 500 topped at 3017.8

Discussion in 'Trading' started by volente_00, Jul 24, 2019.

Did the S&P 500 top at 3017.8 ?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2019.
  1. Yes I think you are correct

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Hell no you are wrong

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Who cares Desterio is good people

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Who cares Barron is still ripped and shooting for 10% body fat now

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Who cares Volente sucks at calling short term SPX tops

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Why not? His last call was good for 200 points or so...

I agree with the call but give it 1-2 more days for the top. Probably will happen today.

#41     Jul 25, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Ughhh ohhhh

JP Morgan warns of a ‘significant’ sell-off in US stocks this quarter
    PUBLISHED THU, JUL 25 2019 12:32 AM EDT

#42     Jul 25, 2019
  3. S2007S

S2007S

There you have it!!
    Unlimited upside for global stocks. All Central banks should just directly buy stocks and just keep the risk free money making machine on blast. I guess money really does grow on trees!!!!!

The ECB could someday add buying stocks to its list of policy moves, Wall Street strategists say
    Patti Domm | @pattidomm
    Published 1 Hour Ago Updated 48 Mins AgoCNBC.com

• The European Central Bank could ultimately add stocks to the assets it purchases in an effort to shake its economy out of the doldrums by prompting companies to do more investment and spending.
    • The ECB met Thursday and left rates unchanged, though analysts expect it to take action in September with a rate cut and possible enhancements to its enhancing its quantitative easing program.
    • The net result of equity purchases, should be to make equity financing more attractive for companies, according to Rick Rieder, BlackRock chief investment officer .

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/25/the...ght-expand-its-asset-purchases-to-stocks.html

#43     Jul 25, 2019
  4. The 2008 collapse was precipitated by margin calls, if I remember my history correctly. Basically, someone marked something to market was like oh fuck need to liquidate.

Today the mark to market will be major economic indicators like unemployment rates, etc.

#44     Jul 25, 2019
    jl1575 and tommcginnis like this.
  5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

We are poised to drop 3%-4% in a flash, IMO.
    Nothing graphical or T/A magic, just a "Good News = Bad News" re the FED, plus geopolitical garbage/uncertainty.

Unemployment kissed 200k (this morning)
    Durables @ 2% (this morning)
    • Major U.S. indices at ATHs.
    earnings doing fine, fine, fine, AND
    earnings projections now coming in more to the upside.
    • Draghi sez EU recession risk *low*.

1) All of this sez FED rates are in sweet spot, and not to move a thing.:)
    Then we have...

2) Market has already priced FED cut in, and will not like a "No change" announcement. :wtf:
    3) China/U.S. trade is a coin flip, with a coin weighted to the "No movement" side. :confused:
    4) Lil Kim just launched rockets: SKorea and Japan have taken notice, even if U.S. didn't. :mad:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    4% drop :vomit:

As all of this spools together with August vacations and satisfaction at recent gains, people will "Sell in August" and hold out until some of this uncertainty goes away. Result? A four percent near-term (Labor Day) drop.

"When?" Like, _now_. Like, finger-on-the-Sell-Button. Like, don't-let-your-eyes-leave-the-screen.

"If These Things Were Not An Issue"??? Sheeesh, S&P 3100 by Labor Day, easy. But "Don't Fight The FED means 'don't sell out those put spreads' til this mix of

Earnings/Economic Joy ___versus___ FED/geopolitical Stress

gets resolved some.

Thems me thoughts... :cool:

"Keep your powder dry, and your spreads far."

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    #45     Jul 25, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Yo Builder

Meet me at the club

#46     Jul 25, 2019
  7. ironchef

ironchef

I say the S&P 500 will top at 3017.8 and we will pull back 9% from this level
    I will allow 1% deviation on the trade so I will consider this top void if we on a closing basis are above 2959.3

#47     Jul 25, 2019
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Mmmmm, that's 2% down from the high (give-or-take) there, Fe-Chef.

#48     Jul 25, 2019
  9. lol hahahahah

#49     Jul 25, 2019
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I posted that at 6 am, the high of the day was between 8-9 am...

#50     Jul 25, 2019