The S&P 500 topped at 3017.8

Discussion in 'Trading' started by volente_00, Jul 24, 2019.

Did the S&P 500 top at 3017.8 ?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2019.
  1. Yes I think you are correct

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Hell no you are wrong

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Who cares Desterio is good people

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Who cares Barron is still ripped and shooting for 10% body fat now

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Who cares Volente sucks at calling short term SPX tops

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. volente_00

volente_00

I think the S&P 500 has topped at 3017.8. I believe we will correct down to 2650. I am once again giving 1% deviation on the trade and will consider it wrong if SPX closes above 3048 before touching 2650.

2. dozu888

dozu888

no. Desterio is a troll.

jeffbader and MarkBrown like this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

exited my long at 3021

Utah and volente_00 like this.
  4. Another one...? :)

What's the rationale?

There's potential of a double top in play, but I'm not convinced. If I were entering a swing short, I'd wait for confirmation at the highs before initiating a position. As of now, I would not be surprised if we print 3022 + before the close today (24th of July). 13 minutes left to make that happen.

5. S2007S

S2007S

Non stop unlimited upside. Next week the fed will juice the markets even more supplying a nice fresh rate cut. No such thing as market tops anymore. Those days are over. Only micro pull backs and a vix that doesn't even signal any type of complacency no matter how low it goes. Vix will slowly drop to historical levels into the mid single digits. Just keep buying. S$p is going to continue it's momentum to ultimate highs and keep going... remember
    Zero risk all reward all the time.

6. Overnight

Overnight

NO

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

Melt up :D

tommcginnis and MarkBrown like this.
  8. dozu888

dozu888

search this forum, how many times have I asked 'what the F are people waiting for'...

I am telling you, all over the internet there are voices in the know, asking the same rhetorical question... and people on the sidelines will jump in one after another.

DOW 40000 first, erase the yield gap between the LQD and SPY, then we'll talk.

9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

I was playing the Mueller thing all day today when dems would talk the market would go up lol. As they asked Mueller the last question and wrapped up I piled in, not often I get to trade news been decades. I was in and out today trading on the long side 6 times. I seldom ever post about news events but it was halirious watching the market go up as the dems thought they were winning against my orange man.

dozu888 likes this.
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

I had a good friend who had tee shirts made saying DOW 16,000 lol, seemed like yesterday.

I was trading the SP when it was below 200 so everything looks like a buy signal even 911, bring it bears.

Going to try and get back in this thing tonight cause by friday who know's looks like moonshot.

#10     Jul 24, 2019
    Utah and dozu888 like this.