The S&P 500 bottomed today on 12/20/18

Discussion in 'Trading' started by volente_00, Dec 20, 2018.

Did the S&P 500 bottom at 2441 ?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. You're still an idiot

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  4. Who cares, I'm still long waiting for destiero's 2725 touch

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. themickey

themickey

I agree with your call!
    I'm seeing a bottom today on the ASX. Today is Friday and probably the last large volume trading day for us this year.
    Am aware this is dangerous to make bottom calls on such a violent mkt, but all signs are there for me.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    #21     Dec 21, 2018
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Nope doesn't look like it. The futures went up a bit but still came back down. Would not be surprised that tomorrow is going to be another down day, hopefully not too much down before Xmas.

#22     Dec 21, 2018
  3. %%
    And the good thing about investing, with getting dividends; works better in a bullmarket LOL:D:D Even CBS news reported DOW is having its worst DEC in 10 years.NOT a prediction + CBS news monkey Dan Rather was rather biased

#23     Dec 21, 2018
  4. volente_00

volente_00

If you f$ck with winning put your lighters to the sky

How could I make sense when I got millions on my mind

#24     Dec 21, 2018
  5. TommyR

TommyR

If we could predict the future, there would be no adventure.. Xx -Ava Max‍

#25     Dec 21, 2018
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hm, the bottom only held for 1 day, we hit 2435.25 today.

#26     Dec 21, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. The good thing about picking bottoms on a daily basis is eventually you stop getting shit on your finger

#27     Dec 21, 2018
    themickey and Overnight like this.
  8. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

Heavy...

#28     Dec 21, 2018
  9. ktm

ktm

The best indicator out there for a bottom is me going short. It hasn't happened yet, so we still have a ways to go. When I take a position, someone somewhere rings a bell and everyone shits all over it.

#29     Dec 21, 2018
  10. [Partial QUOTE="Ayn Rand, post: 4778489, member: 503374"]Something odd is going on here.

There is a vested interest in keeping prices high. Most are compensated in part as a % of assets under management. We are getting close to the end of a quarter.

Certainly exciting.

Big time Kudos to those that held a short position for an extended period of time. Most of us were conditioned for a reversal.

The only thing that saved me was that I never keep much in my trading account. I would have shot the wad.[/QUOTE]
    %%
    Most stock 4th quarter$ are Uptrending;
    bear trends go the other way- i figure you noticed that. LOL.My main trend[bear, down] position was bothering me,today, simply because i like to get paid weekly in this market.

Must be the somewhat rare bear pattern= 7 ducks in a muddy river. LOL Not a prediction; most likely with an hour to go, we close down.I also remember the[data] ,.bear rally in 1973 or '74; a month ,in 4th quarter closed up about 17%/+ [SPY or QQQ related]:cool::cool: So if it does or does not reverse,soon dont want a 17% loss in a 4th quarter month.

#30     Dec 21, 2018