the rules of coincidence; of interest to some

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chasinfla, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Chas,
    The collection of any event satisfies normal distribution is not <i>exactly</i> same as the collection of any event whish is random.
    Can anyone post the definition of random from a "big" dictionary?

#21     Sep 14, 2002
  2. I think the point is valid nonetheless, wan.

#22     Sep 14, 2002
  3. thanks for the book suggestion. looking forward to reading it !

best,

surf:)

#23     Sep 14, 2002
  4. Maybe I should look into the number 911 with my Gann and Elliott Analysis...

How much of you reading this topic believe in coincidence? Regardless of Gann, Elliott or etc.

#24     Sep 15, 2002
  5. It's pretty easy to explain the hearing and reading of a word simultaneously. You are reading many thousands of words an hour, and hearing the same. Do the math. Happens to me all the time. Amusing but little else.

The 911 close of the S&P was rigged. No question in my mind. Of course, every close is rigged to the extent that the big money is what moves it around.

The 911 NY lottery was 1000-1 and fairly remarkable. Doubt the fix was in there.

#25     Sep 15, 2002
  6. #26     Sep 15, 2002
  7. ddefina

ddefina

In 1898, 14 years before the Titanic made her maiden voyage, Morgan Robertson published his book, Futility or the Wreck of the Titan. This was the story of an "unsinkable" massive ocean liner, which like the Titanic, was on its maiden voyage from Britain to New York in the month of April, with 2,000 people on board. While it was also attempting to cross the Atlantic in record time, it too struck an iceberg and sank. Not only were the ships' names very similar, but most on board also perished simply because there was of a lack of lifeboats.

#28     Sep 15, 2002
  8. "Lottery officials decided not to televise its drawings Wednesday out of solidarity of the anniversary of last year's attacks. "

Hey, maybe it was rigged!
    :cool:

#29     Sep 15, 2002
  9. I read a book a while ago that was a documentary on the building of a skyscraper in NY. Can't recall the name. In the book, the author talked about <i>another</i> book or a screenplay, or something, that was a fictional account of a skyscraper disaster...

Gee, seems like a stretch to even post this...guess I'd better do my homework on it...

#30     Sep 15, 2002