The Rubber Band continues to stretch with Equities

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hayman, Feb 28, 2013.

1. the higher we go the more spectacular the fall. I hope we go higher.

#31     Mar 2, 2013
  2. Daring

Daring

I actually pretend to know less than I actually know.

#32     Mar 2, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

4. LOL, that puts you in the minority on ET.

Here most pretend to know more than they actually do.

#34     Mar 2, 2013
  5. pretend less
    know more

#35     Mar 2, 2013
  6. deucy28

deucy28

With respect, the only thing you left out is the fairy godmother to allow this to happen.

question: who is WE ?

answer (I assume you mean): Our elected in the executive & legislative arms of government in Washington D.C. AND/OR the electorate (who bother to vote).

Six years ago I decided the problem is not who is in Washington D.C. They are who they are, continuing to be who they were before becoming elected.

How scary is this: It is the American citizen (who bothers to vote) who is responsible for who is in D.C. It has been for 6 years my conclusion he is in the aggregate very shallow in (1) American history, (2) economics, (3) political spectrum meaning "on the left" or "on the right," and (4) current events. As a result, he votes the party line with the exception of independents who are not removed from the above-cited deficiencies. Or votes his wallet as was an important causative factor for November's election results, sucking off the engorged government tit of free money to him encouraged by the current administration to do so.

It doesn't help that the U.S. ranks in the 20's for level of education, depending on the source. Add to ignorance, complacency, or priorities not allowing him to become more informed.

The Republican party says first it has to get its act together and then put itself on the road to "get the message out." Well excuse me...If there is no receiver of the message, there is no communications. And if a receiver hears the message but cannot process it with a base of knowledge and motivation, the message falls short of its purpose to affect the brain the way it was intended.

Jan 14, 2013.... The Washington Post
    "....start not with the politicians but with the people who put them there. The voters, God bless ‘em, do not punish the Jim Moran types but return them to office again and again. They vote for divided government. They are upset about the debt and about every measure to fix it except taxing other people (now we’ve done that) and cutting foreign aid (which is a ludicrously tiny amount of the budget). They self-segregate and tune in only to left-leaning and right-leaning media. They are horrendously uninformed or under-informed (hence the small number of people who can identify prominent government officials, know which party controls the Senate, etc.)
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/01/14/no-labels-no-relevance/

Your optimism has first a culture to be reformed piezoe. Neither technology nor hyper-motivation for change (internal economics or threats from outside the borders) are gonna move the needle for constructive change when the headwaters for change comes from the American voter in his current condition that is the poster child of the definition of insanity when he doesn't change the quality of the elected. Certainly not more political demagogues whispering into citizens' ears what they want to hear, and citizens are too dumbed down or bribed to know better or too complacent to want to know better.

#36     Mar 23, 2013
  7. ....if you still think it is compressed, then go ahead and short the all time highs

... see how you fare

#37     Mar 30, 2013
  8. Spot on you should run the country..

#38     Mar 31, 2013
  9. deucy28

deucy28

But have a few fairy godmothers in your cabinet.

".....the problem is not who is in Washington D.C. They are who they are, continuing to be who they were before becoming elected.

How scary is this: It is the American citizen (who bothers to vote) who is responsible for who is in D.C. It has been for 6 years my conclusion he is in the aggregate very shallow in (1) American history, (2) economics, (3) political spectrum meaning "on the left" or "on the right," and (4) current events. As a result, he votes the party line with the exception of independents who are not removed from the above-cited deficiencies. Or votes his wallet as was an important causative factor for November's election results, sucking off the engorged government tit of free money to him encouraged by the current administration to do so.

It doesn't help that the U.S. ranks in the 20's for level of education, depending on the source. Add to ignorance, complacency, or priorities not allowing him to become more informed."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3766023#post3766023

(Well maybe amend that 20-something ranking to America having a 30-something ranking for efficacy of education. The big city of Atlanta has its teachers goosing student test scores.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/03/us/atlanta-cheating-scandal-jailing-educators.html?_r=0

#39     Apr 3, 2013