The risk of giving a prop firm your money

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ksmetana, May 29, 2010.

1. Basically, when you give someone any substantial amount of money, unless you have a watertight legal agreement or they have a history of paying money back to customers/creditors reliably, then you are likely to have troubles getting your money back again. And really, you should have both - a watertight loan agreement, *and* a very trustworthy borrower.

This principle applies everywhere - business, strangers, friends in need, friends not in need, close blood relatives, the pope, multi-millionaires, multinational corporations, everyone.

#11     Jun 12, 2010
  2. No matter how the firm is structured,BD,LLC,whatever,it all comes down to the principles,I think.The guys running Epiphany Trading LLC seem pretty straight up for what it's worth.

#12     Jun 12, 2010
  3. Diego11

Diego11

So do you currently work with Dimmension? Do you reccomend them?

I personally have faith in some prop firms. Most of whom charge a .003 per share commission.

#13     Jun 12, 2010
  4. Epiphany sure seems above board, yet won't answer a simple question as to why their business model is exempt from the registration requirements of an exchange. Just try asking, perhaps you'll have better luck than I did.

#14     Jun 12, 2010
  5. lol.

lol.

so do i. some...not many.

0.0025 is better.

#15     Jun 12, 2010
  6. ScalperJoe,
    I would be very suprised if you called Brendan or Erik at Epiphany and they declined to answer your question.

#16     Jun 13, 2010