The Righties and their "Ignore Feature"...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Imperfect knowledge is better than no knowledge.

#31     Feb 7, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is just an opinion, there is no statistical analysis based on the microcosm of 12 or so users on this section of the forum (plus 20 or so sock puppets). You view people putting others on ignore as their refusal to listen to other people with differing points of view. I view it as a way to avoid "debating" with people who resort to insults and insignificant banter as their only weapon in the debate.

You are correct when you say that more "righties" (at least on this forum) take use of the ignore feature, but what I attribute this to is a higher degree of common sense to recognize that you cannot reason or intelligently debate a chimp, and therefore the best way to remove the chimp's screaming and throwing feces is to leave the chimp to his cage.

When some people just cannot be persuaded of an alternative point of view, why bang your head against a rock trying?

Of course, the fact that those of us who have only some "lefties" on ignore and not others kinda shoots holes in your theory about how we do it to avoid anyone with different ideas, right? If not, then how do you explain us choosing which lefties to ignore?

#32     Feb 7, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I have.

#33     Feb 7, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not always.

#34     Feb 7, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you serious? AK47, Ricter, Free Thinker, Trefoil have all put people on ignore. In fact, it's mostly the lefties who use that feature.

#35     Feb 7, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Bullshit once again. Your argument for Buffett to go ahead and pay more taxes all by himself if he wanted the rich to pay more taxes was preposterously obtuse. There is no joke there. And so when I told you to go live with John Galt on his island THAT was when you decided to place me on ignore. THAT was a joke in response to a stupidly obtuse remark on your part. Quid pro quo. Meanwhile, your Buffett argument has lost none of its malodor.

So you see, your "memory" is about as robust about this very issue is it is about your earlier reference in this thread that you didn't recall my ever having posted anything worthwhile. And I once again bring this little item to your attention:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2956952&highlight=gabfly+posts#post2956952

It's all about intellectual integrity. Get some.

#36     Feb 7, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

#37     Feb 7, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Did the thought ever occur to you that maybe liberals as a hole are just bigger ass holes than those on the right thereby justifying the use of the ignore button? I came to this conclusion a long time ago..... :D

#38     Feb 7, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

#39     Feb 7, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

The ignore feature is a nonstarter/really dumb.
    The way you ignore somebody is by not reading/responding to their posts.

#40     Feb 7, 2012