The Righties and their "Ignore Feature"...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Feb 6, 2012.

1. You seem obsessed. Does reading our posts make your nipples hard?

#21     Feb 7, 2012
  2. Arnie

Arnie

I'd comment but I have everybody on ignore.

:D

#22     Feb 7, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

My newest opinions re ignore:

1) Using it so you don't see viewpoints you don't like is thin-skinned.
    2) Using it but then "taking shots" at the guys you have on ignore is cowardly.
    3) Using it and making a big, public pronouncement of it is childish.
    4) Using it so you don't see ad hominem attacks against you is reasonable.

#23     Feb 7, 2012
  4. JamesL

JamesL

:D

#24     Feb 7, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I would closest resemble #4 in your example. Though I would ad that the attacks wouldn't bother me if they were intermingled with content. Ie, part of the debate. But if all they are is attacks, then seriously, what is the point in engaging that person?

#25     Feb 7, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Like when I challenged your nonsensical argument that if Buffett wanted the rich to pay more taxes then he should go ahead and just pay more himself? And my taking you to task on that BS argument is what precipitated you to place me on ignore. That was it. Forget #4. You're #1.

#26     Feb 7, 2012
  7. quoted so tsing can see this

#27     Feb 7, 2012
  8. Eight

Eight

One huge failing of human thinking is that they will step right over all sorts of simple truth chasing complicated lies.. Furthermore, among academics, holding onto their ideas long after they have been thoroughly disproven is just an everyday reality. Maybe being educated is all about that?

#28     Feb 7, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, and every step of the way you were insulting and snide. Every single step, and when challenged on it, you fell back on the "I'm kidding!" excuse. You can say I'm #1 if you want, go for it. Its your right.

You're not worth the time.

RCG, if you're going to get in a habit of doing this, then I gotta put you on ignore as well. I enjoy (most of) our little conversations, so please don't.

#29     Feb 7, 2012

10. Thank you for another further experimental result helping prove the hypothesis. So far I haven't seen a single "leftie" on the board mention putting someone on ignore., whereas the rightie crowd discuss it among themselves on a regualr basis. PSPR admitted he would just rather talk with folks that agree with him.

The fact is this: IN GENERAL Righties by nature are exclusionary with their inputs. They like things neat and simple and black or white.

By excluding opinions, facts and knowledge that may upset the apple cart of their mind, they have chosen ignorance. They have chosen the ignore feature in their heads.

This propensity to erect walls and stay within a self-determined reality leads to problems when interacting with the outside world.
    An example of this is the artificial divide and friction between peoples of different religions. Even between religions which have common cores. Mankind does need any more walls based on ignorance.

#30     Feb 7, 2012