The Righties and their "Ignore Feature"...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Feb 6, 2012.

1. I think it's funny and telling that all the posters here that put others on ignore are righties. It's not like lefties have a lock on saying objectionable things.

The fact that "ignore" is a root of "ignorant" may have something to do with it.

From the recent study about conservatives...

"..........there is reason to believe that strict right-wing ideology might appeal to those who have trouble grasping the complexity of the world.
    "Socially conservative ideologies tend to offer structure and order," Hodson said, explaining why these beliefs might draw those with low intelligence. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice."

Another reason why ignoring is so popular with the righties is it allows them to continue to believe in Adam and Eve, deny evolution and global warming, and believe that their particular brand of mythology is the right one. They are rewarded by staying intellectually close to home. In fact their faith demands it.

"For example, he said, many anti-prejudice programs encourage participants to see things from another group's point of view. That mental exercise may be too taxing for people of low IQ."

Seeing things from another's point of view is not a burden if you ignore them. Facts that conflict with deeply held beliefs need to be ignored, much easier on the brain and ego.

Conversely, isolating themselves within an echo-chamber of like-(small)minded people, helps them reassure themselves that they're right. They often flock to Fox News for this reason.

My apologies to the open-minded, intelligent righties here. I'm afraid you're overwhelmed by the loud knuckle-draggers.

2. Eight

Eight

An awful lot of the thinking coming from the left has, in the past, historically verifiable, led to economic and social failure. Just off the top of my head: USSR, China, the sexual revolution led to AIDS and the death of every hemopheliac in the USA.. Just in those examples I'm showing you tens of million dead and maybe a billion people impoverished, living in fear, etc... A newborn in the US of A today owes $500,000 in taxes in the form of unfunded liabilities of the public sector..

My experience has shown me that atheists are quite often prime examples of how not to have a life.

3. "Generally, the more educated a person is the more likely he or she is to hold liberal beliefs.[39]"

So the reason the media may be liberal? OMG They're educated!!!

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

WTF are you rambling about? Nobody has anybody on ignore. If they did they wouldn't be bickering at each other all day long. LOL. Seriously, any other insightful observations you have?

5. You are a mental defective. You made false claims in the following thread. I asked you to provide proof. You IGNORED the question, because you probably lied in the first place.

02-06-12 08:12 PM

Quote from futurecurrents:

Oh gee, guess what? doesn't show what happened just before that. This is a great example of the attempts of the plutocrat owned media to portray the OWS protesters badly. What it doesn't show is the police hitting someone just before the video starts. Isn't that interesting? And you want to complain about the selective "liberal media" ? This is a blatant example of taking things out of context and of the stupid righty ideologues buying it hook, line and sinker.

So what, they said nasty stuff to the cops after just having been pushed by them. Try backing-up and pushing/hitting anyone and see how they respond.

Do you know how scared the plutocrats that run this country are of the OWS movement and the message it brings? Do you think the big rich boys behind CNN, FOX want to publicize their message? They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. And you guys let yourselves get brainwashed by them, that exercising an essential American right to protest inequity and the growing power of the few, is a bad thing. Amazing.

Quote from Navin Johnson:

Please post the unedited video showing "what happened just before that."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=236098

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bookmarked for future reference, in determining the dumbest post of the day award.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I agree, this is one of the dumbest threads I think I have ever seen.

For the record, the people I have on ignore I put there after witnessing countless examples of their inability to contribute anything but flame wars. They troll, offer no insight or rational debate to any topic whatsoever, and are just there to throw feces around. The forum is far more civil (to me) without having to wade through their excrement.

If I put people on ignore simply because I wasn't interested in opposing views, I would have AK47, Ricter, cgroupman and several others on ignore as well. I do not, because even though we disagree, they make their points without resorting to the above (in most cases). I have put lunatic "righties" on ignore too, because they offer nothing.

So congratulations on having no fucking clue whatsoever and making a post of it. Let me know if you're going to continue this worthlessness, so I can add you to the ignore list.

8. Brass

Brass

Bullshit. Do you have Trader666 on ignore? Lucrum? pspr? Max? 377? I can go on. And on. These people add little to nothing, and they habitually flame, either directly or indirectly. You just don't like it when shit gets slung right back at you, or when some of your dearly-held arguments are shown for the soggy cardboard that they are. 'Tis better to give than to receive, eh?

9. Wallet

Wallet

Did somebody post something?

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

You forgot Thunderpussy, Gayfly1 and of course the latest P&R troll brASS.

#10     Feb 7, 2012