The right-wing lie about the UAW

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Nov 26, 2008.

1. chryslerlabortalks07.com/Economic_Data.rtf

#51     Nov 27, 2008
  2. It's a classic use of half truths and misinformation. Both side use it. Ignorance, laziness, political bias and just plain stupidity are required for it to be effective. Unfortunately there's plenty of that to go around. People believe just about anything the system shoves in their face.
    Meanwhile the banks are busy trying to figure out their next scam. And the beat goes on.

#52     Nov 28, 2008
  3. fhl

fhl

Maybe it would make the left happy if we just said that the workers make 38 bucks an a hour and the former workers still make 32 bucks an hour. Adds to 70.

And don't forget the laid off workers that still make 95% of their pay for doing nothing. Right now there's 3500 of em and according to a newspaper's account, it is sure to rise with recent turmoil and layoffs.
    http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/289556/

#53     Nov 28, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

GM takes its expenses and divides it by the total obligation to its employees.
    The resulting number is not to show take home pay but to compare all labor cost per hours compared to other manufacturers..
    From the company point of view it doesn’t matter whom is getting the money. Only that it is an expense they must account for in their profit equations.

#54     Nov 28, 2008
  5. It is a poor excuse for management to blame the workers for their own failed management.
    I've had sub contractors do the same with me on jobs, blame their workers for not showing up not paying enough attention to detail and on and on. I don't hire those sub's again. Management has to be responsible, they are the only ones leading the companies. If they can't get the job done get someone in there who can. All we are doing with the bail outs are rewarding bad management.

#55     Nov 28, 2008