The right-wing lie about the UAW

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Nov 26, 2008.

1. The figure for "other compensation' can be ascertained form the link you posted.

" .... pensions, education and training and prepaid legal services. It also includes statutory costs, which employers are required to pay by law, such as federal contributions for Social Security and Medicare, and state payments to workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance funds."

#11     Nov 26, 2008
  2. Ya I just posted that. So basically Kut has used the whining and bitching card, the insult card and the corrupt source card.

Maybe if he decides to actually find a source with numbers instead of sucking on the teet's of Olbermann he might have a debate.

I don't expect these poor low lifes to win the debates but I at least expect them to survive.

#12     Nov 26, 2008
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

So you think it makes sense to calculate the average hourly wage by including retirees? How the hell is that a benefit to me, that the company is claiming retiree benefits is a part of MY hourly benefit? Do you see how this makes no sense whatsoever? C'mon, dude, NeoRetardo1 is hopeless but I know you're smarter than this.

#13     Nov 26, 2008
  4. Wow take a business 101 class you imbecile.

An expense is an expense.

Your insecurity of arguing this topic after spending 5 minute's reading a liberal article about it is stunningly apparent.

You don't deserve to argue this when you can't understand an expense on a company.

#14     Nov 26, 2008
  5. Perhaps they should have lobbied the government to implement Universal Healthcare so that they could compete on a level playing field with European and Asian car manufacturers. Of course they wanted to have it both ways.

PS if an executive claims that he needs money to pay for health care there is no doubt he is telling the truth.

PS2 if you quote an hourly rate and include a bunch of additional costs that are never included in hourly rate quotes - you are LYING.

#15     Nov 26, 2008
  6. Ever heard of total expenses?

It's that little thing at the bottom of the balance sheet.

Maybe if you ever knew one damn thing about business you could make a knowledgable statement.

You know the chit chat section is one up from politics and religion. I think your intellect would be more appreciated there.

#16     Nov 26, 2008
  7. .....and AIRCRAFT MECHANICS starting out at regional airlines make about $15.00/hr with a TOP-OUT around $22.00/hr. :confused:

AIRCRAFT MECHANICS who maintain the aircraft your family may have just flown on for this Thanksgiving Holiday, at the mainline carriers, will start out on average around $20.00/hr with top-outs close to $30.00/hr. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Aircraft that may carry up to 400 + passengers per flight are maintained by AMT's (Aircraft Maintenance Technicians) that earn lower wages than even many car dealership mechanics (while OFTEN working midnight shift and around highly hazardous chemicals)?????

Aircraft Maintenance Technicians require FAA Airframe & Powerplant Licensing after FAA mandated technical schooling. These same mechanics also have to SIGN for each and every task completed for all aspects of maintenance accomplished, with each sign off leaving them open to liability if damage or harm result from any mistakes. Every single item touched or maintained day after day accumulating the potential for liability from even the smallest of mistakes.

Doctors will often put the lives of 150 to 200 patients in their hands a month, while aircraft mechanics will work on aircraft placing the lives of thousands per day in their hands. AMT's are NEVER paid to be placed in dormant "job pools" when their maintenance bases are closed. Many are often pitched to the curb during airline mergers or cut backs from bankruptcies. AMT's ALWAYS have to restart from the BOTTOM of wage scales for any new airline job they acquire after layoffs or job loss.

If there was ever a group which had something to REALLY complain about in the blue collar world, it IS NOT the auto workers imo....not even close!!!

BTW, ENJOY your next commercial flight! :eek:

#17     Nov 26, 2008
  8. I have mixed emotions about unions.

I hate them but I can't hate them.

Here is why.

We live in a country of where those who plan, execute, and achieve a desired goal within the legal rules of America win.

Whether that be a CEO who uses the rules to his advantage to make 500 million dollars while running his company into the ground OR a union group who organizes, influences politicians, strong arms a corporations and earns 75 an hour.

We live in a system that says to do what you need to do to get ahead with breaking the law.

So be it.

#18     Nov 26, 2008
  9. Just for grins, the top notch engineering talent designing the next generation space ships for NASA have burdened rates in the mid 50 to mid 60 $/hr.

Assembly line worker with no appreciable skills or education burdened at $75 versus a highly skilled highly educated rocket scientist burdened at $60/hour.

Me thinks the Unions need to eat some humble pie or lug nut installers need to start building rockets.

#19     Nov 26, 2008
  10. I sure have. Have your mama and daddy ever taught you that using the amount of "total expenses" when quoting "hourly rate" is lying?

#20     Nov 27, 2008