The Right of Return

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Palestine, malistine chalistine!

That is not the issue dddooo! The issue is that I lived on that land for thousands of year.

You have tried to deny that until the whole world told you to shut the hell up!

It is your Polish, German, Romanian and other european gangsters that have been artificially planted on our land.

I Cannot belive that I am agreeing with you! You are right! The creation of these entities were artificial ones!

We were always a happy, Greater Syria family! My grand father used to travel from Jaffa, his home town to Beirut, and Damascus as easily as he used to travel to Jerusalem. Live was good then!

until the French, British and you arrived. Since then our lives has been turned upside down!

That will one day change dddooo.

#31     Jun 15, 2007
  2. jem

jem

The legal basis for all international law is really the power theory. it is what international law actually boils down to.

The country or countries that have the power make the rules.

#32     Jun 15, 2007
  3. Really, how come no one saw you there?

Dio Cassius, writing at the time, described the ruin of the land beginning with the destruction of Judah:

Of their forts the fifty strongest were razed to the ground. Nine hundred and eighty-five of their best-known villages were destroyed....

One historian after another has reported the same findings.

In the twelve and a half centuries between the Arab conquest in the seventh century and the beginnings of the Jewish return in the 1880's, Palestine was laid waste.

In 1590 a "simple English visitor" to Jerusalem wrote, "Nothing there is to bescene but a little of the old walls

In the mid-1700s, British archaeologist Thomas Shaw wrote that the land in Palestine was "lacking in people to till its fertile soil."6 An eighteenth-century French author and historian, Count Constantine Frangois Volney, wrote of Palestine as the "ruined" and "desolate" land.

In "Greater Syria," which included Palestine,

Many parts ... lost almost all their peasantry. In others.... the recession was great but not so total.7

The British Consul in Palestine reported in 1857 that

The country is in a considerable degree empty of inhabitants and therefore its greatest need is that of a body of population....

In the 1860s, it was reported that "depopulation is even now advancing."19 At the same time, H. B. Tristram noted in his journal that

The north and south [of the Sharon plain] land is going out of cultivation and whole villages are rapidly disappearing from the face of the earth.

Twain registered gloom at his findings.

Stirring scenes ... occur in the valley [Jezreel] no more. There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent-not for thirty miles in either direction. There are two or three small clusters of Bedouin tents

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~peters/depopulated.html

The only alternative to this history has ever known is the creation of states and borders through wars but you don't seem to like this aspect of Israel's existence either

#33     Jun 15, 2007
  4. Looks like everyone agrees that its Palestine land.
    Otherwise, they'd call it Israel land

Thats odd

:confused: :confused:

#34     Jun 15, 2007
  5. Palestine (from Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: ארץ־ישראל Eretz-Yisra'el, formerly also פלשתינה Palestina; Arabic: فلسطين Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn) is one of several names for the geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River and various adjoining lands. Different definitions for the region have been used over the past three millennia. Other English names for this region include: Canaan, Land of Israel, and Holy Land.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

The name Palestine refers to a region of the eastern Mediterranean coast from the sea to the Jordan valley and from the southern Negev desert to the Galilee lake region in the north. The word itself derives from "Plesheth", a name that appears frequently in the Bible and has come into English as "Philistine". Plesheth, (root palash) was a general term meaning rolling or migratory. This referred to the Philistine's invasion and conquest of the coast from the sea. The Philistines were not Arabs nor even Semites, they were most closely related to the Greeks originating from Asia Minor and Greek localities. They did not speak Arabic. They had no connection, ethnic, linguistic or historical with Arabia or Arabs.

The Philistines reached the southern coast of Israel in several waves. One group arrived in the pre-patriarchal period and settled south of Beersheba in Gerar where they came into conflict with Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael. Another group, coming from Crete after being repulsed from an attempted invasion of Egypt by Rameses III in 1194 BCE, seized the southern coastal area, where they founded five settlements (Gaza, Ascalon, Ashdod, Ekron and Gat).

The name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic name. It is the Arab pronunciation of the Roman "Palaestina". Quoting Golda Meir:

* The British chose to call the land they mandated Palestine, and the Arabs picked it up as their nation's supposed ancient name, though they couldn't even pronounce it correctly and turned it into Falastin a fictional entity.

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_early_palestine_name_origin.php

PS you may also want to read the bible.

#35     Jun 15, 2007
  6. Which one?

#36     Jun 15, 2007
  7. good, you have your own little lawless system whereby the strongest dictates the terms, and the weakest blows up your metropolitan areas... fine by me... have fun america

for avoidance of doubt, i believe Israelis have a right to have their own country

off for the week-end now! cheers folks

#37     Jun 15, 2007
  8. As opposed to your legal system in which 100 muslim counties want to dictate one little Israel the terms of its national suicide, right? Or in which everyone criticizes the situation in Gaza or Sudan but no one is willing to offer troops or move a finger to alleviate the suffering of innocent civilians. Anyway even though your conclusion does not follow from my post, in real life it's always been the case and it will always be. As I unsuccessfully tried to explain to Z10 strong does not necessarily mean wrong and underdogs are not necessarily good guys and freedom fighters. The situation in Gaza proves it beyond the shadow of doubt.

for avoidance of doubt, i believe Israelis have a right to have their own country
    Given this thread in which you promote the right of return of 6 mln arabs to Israel this assurance rings hollow.

#38     Jun 15, 2007
  9. #39     Jun 15, 2007
  10. The one that rationalizes hatred and violence in the name of God...the Antique Testament.

#40     Jun 15, 2007