The Right of Return

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Jun 13, 2007.

1. yes, funnily enough, i do care about laws, cause at the end of the day we need an agreed framework to attempt to deliver justice... i don't believe chaos is such a desirable state of affairs...

i also understand you prefer pictures etc so let me offer you a movie...
    http://www.palestineremembered.com/Jerusalem/Dayr-Yasin/Story1827.html

not that this would justify any single act of violence in my view... talion is a primitive mechanism... we can all do better...

now where is your list of multiple violations of international laws & conventions by the arab side?

#21     Jun 15, 2007
  2. Me too, I also care about laws, real laws with professional judges and unbiased jurors, with prosecutors and defense, with court hearings,appeal procedures and sentencing, with the history of court cases and legal precedents, with mechanisms to review these laws and amend them when they become outdated and/or out of sync with real life.

I frankly don't care about a piece of paper written by a UN or Brussels bureaucrat 50 years ago which has nothing whatsoever to do with the real world, real situations and real laws, I don't care about the system which allows 100 muslim members of the UN to create one law for Israel and another law for Palestine, Saudi Arabia or Sudan, I don't care about the opinion of the UN Human rights committee half of which members are totalitarian dictatorships with long lists of human rights violations, I don't care about the opinion of France or China or Russia and other members of the UNSC cause their opinions are not based on some kind of universal conscience and their desire "to deliver justice" but are instead motivated by their political preferences, political expediency, political/financial interests and behind-the-scenes shenanigans. I could not care less about a legal system in which cases are not reviewed by lawyers, judges or jurors but are instead argued by biased to the core, incompetent and corrupt career politicians?

I do care about laws, real laws.

#23     Jun 15, 2007
  3. in other words, there's no legal basis for the existence of Israel? duuuuuude!!!

i mean, we all knew all along that a resolution proposed by ex-colonists and a foreign power (the USofA) with no ownership rights to the land is worthless in law, principle or fact but...

you get biscuits!

#24     Jun 15, 2007
  4. You care about laws...

LMAO!

<b>UNITED NATIONS, Jul 17 (IPS) - Israel is in violation of U.S. arms control laws for deploying U.S.-made fighter planes, combat helicopters and missiles to kill civilians and destroy Lebanon's infrastructure in the ongoing six-day devastation of that militarily-weak country.

The death toll, according to published reports, is over 200 people -- mostly civilians -- while the economic losses have been estimated at about 100 million dollars per day.

"Section 4 of the (U.S.) Arms Export Control Act requires that military items transferred to foreign governments by the United States be used solely for internal security and legitimate self-defence," says Stephen Zunes, professor of politics at the University of San Francisco.

"Since Israeli attacks against Lebanon's civilian infrastructure and population centres clearly go beyond legitimate self-defence, the United States is legally obliged to suspend arms transfers to Israel," Zunes told IPS.

Frida Berrigan, a senior research associate with the Arms Trade Resource Centre at the World Policy Institute in New York, is equally outraged at the misuse by Israel of U.S.-supplied weapons.

"As Israel jets bombard locations in Gaza, Haifa and Beirut, killing civilians (including as many as seven Canadians vacationing in Aitaroun), it is worth remembering that U.S. law is clear about how U.S.-origin weapons and military systems ought to be used," Berrigan told IPS.

She pointed out that the U.S. Arms Export Control Act clear states that U.S. origin weapons should not be used for "non-defensive purposes."

"In light of this clear statement, the United States has an opportunity to stave off further bloodshed and suffering by demanding that its weaponry and military aid not be used in attacks against Lebanon and elsewhere, and challenging Israeli assertions that it is using military force defensively," she added. </b>

Of course we wouldn't hold Israel to be accountable for these laws, we are too busy killing innocent civilians in a non defensive manner in Iraq to worry about Israel's violations...

What a crackup, dopdeedumbdo says that he supports unbiased jurors.

Where are those going to come from in the state of Israel when it comes to a Palestinian accused of a crime?

Wooohooohooo!

What a riot.

#25     Jun 15, 2007
  5. Of course not, and there is no legal basis for the existence of Palestine either as it had never existed before, there never was legal basis for the existence of Jordan or Syria or most other arab countries as they had never existed prior to being artificially created by western powers. There is no legal basis for the existence of India and Pakistan, there certainly is no legal basis for the existence of the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, all Latin and South American countries. Let alone the fact that there is no legal basis for the existence of any european/african/asian country either, at least not in today's borders.

I am glad you're showing your true colors though, you don't want Israel to exist. Hmm, tough luck.

#26     Jun 15, 2007
  6. The mantra of doodoodoo:

might makes right, and culture, and borders...

Given your logic, if your enemy defeats you with greater might, then they must be right.

Rightness is not on a principle beyond the jungle mentality of animals...but on the basis of who has the greater military force...

#27     Jun 15, 2007
    #28     Jun 15, 2007
  8. No it does not but might does not make wrong either, sometimes the good guys win. At any rate, the area was populated by Jews and Arabs, it was partitioned into a jewish and arab state. This was a right thing to do, might was and is needed to defend the right solution.

#29     Jun 15, 2007
  9. Right of return is going to be pursued and backed until we return.
    that's fine with me, if that's your attitude clearly 60 years of self-inflicted misery is not enough.

We have suffered enough in our diaspora and it is time for us to return to what is rightfully ours.
    Yep, they are working on it in Gaza now, murdering each other, executing hostages in the streets in fron of their wives and children and finally showing what a bunch of fanatical medieval savages they are. I am sure the Israels will be shaking in their boots when they find out about your threats.

#30     Jun 15, 2007