The rich pay no taxes, enough is enough

Discussion in 'Politics' started by failed_trad3r, Nov 23, 2011.

1. War is normal. Peace is very unusual. The two party system leaves the rest of us very little choice.

#21     Nov 24, 2011
  2. The 47% who pay no federal income tax aren't freeloaders?

A better question is why are unions tax exempt? When will they start paying their fair share?

#22     Nov 25, 2011
  3. how many times do we have to go over this? The 47% who pay no federal income taxes pay taxes on everything the government will eventually give them which is Social Security and Medicare. Plus, they pay all the other crap taxes like fuel tax and sales tax and restaurant tax (to build the stadium which the poor so desperately need, even though they can't afford a ticket.)

You can't have it both ways and be for low taxes (which I am) and then bitch when someone pays low taxes.

If you are for low taxes, you should be happy unions are exempt, and sad if charities ever lose their exemption. Low taxes are always good, but never equally spread across the nation fairly.

Since when did conservative libertarians start complaining that some people are not paying enough taxes? Everybody always pays too much tax.

If you really want to bitch, bitch about the poor factory worker at Ford who has his check pilfered each week by the US government so they can give it to his competitor at GM.

#23     Nov 25, 2011
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Please list all of Corzine's "connections" with Republicans. His very big fundraising efforts for Obama are well documented.

For the record, I'm not a big fan of most Republicans either (Ron Paul is the only candidate I like), but I'm not aware of Corzine raising big bucks for any of them. To me, it sounds like you just made a blanket statement with no evidence.

#24     Nov 25, 2011
  5. As many times as it takes to get shit-for-brains idiots like you to understand that when the top 10% pays 70% of federal income taxes they're paying a lot more than their "fair share" and it's really the 47% who aren't paying theirs despite the lies and propaganda you get from Media Matters and Odumbass. And if the gov't is so starved for revenue start taxing unions too, which would also cut campaign contributions to democraps.

#25     Nov 25, 2011
  6. What, a liberal doing that? lol.

If there were pics of Romney and Corzine being buddy-buddy or whoever ends up being the GOP nominee the dems would be advertising it all over the place. Instead Corzine goes and steals money from investors, gives it to the Obama re-election campaign and not a word of it from the media.

I agree that all GOP candidates aren't perfect, but any tiny thing they do wrong is all over Yahoo, CNN, and the major networks, but when Obama literally has thugs kill people off (financially at least), there is nothing but silence.

And then I'm accused of wearing GOP glasses lol. Obama should be in prison for a long, long time for his illegal land deals and other things. That being said, I don't dislike all Democrats like Heath Schuler for example.

JJacksET4

#26     Nov 25, 2011
  7. According to ABC News (sourced from the Tax Policy Center) people who make over a million dollars a year pay, on average, 29.1% of their income in federal taxes. In addition, they pay local, state, property and sales taxes. In places like California, New York, New Jersey and other high tax states, people who make over a million dollars a year pay over 40% of their income in taxes of one kind or another.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/fact-check-the-richtheir-secretaries-and-taxes/

#27     Nov 25, 2011

8. You should tell him why he should even bother to read this little emotional diatribe.

#28     Nov 25, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Careful, the last time I pointed this out he put me on ignore. :D

#29     Nov 25, 2011
  10. lol trader666, the connected protect themselves through non-profits. We have non profits that pay college football coaches millions of dollars,we raise through non profits billion of dollars for political advertisements and there simply isnt enough money for silly things like taxes. We have non profits with billions sitting in banks, untaxable. We pay non profit ceos million dollar golden parachutes in case sex scandals occur. Non profits do have a very important mission in America, I wont argue that, but there must be some big profits in non profits to generate such money. When you go to a store and make a purchase its taxed, non profits arent required to pay sales taxes on their purchases. Being the holiday season you may wish to look over www.charitynavigator.org to see who deserves your money and who does not. You look at some of the cities who are hurting today, they have 40% of non profits in their cities paying no property taxes. Police, fire, snow plowing services must be provided yet no money to pay for them. Non profits have accumulated almost two trillion in real wealth. Have a great weekend all. Seen bank of England has cut off dealing with Iran, isnt looking good. Darn BIS

#30     Nov 26, 2011