The Rich pay more then their fair share in taxes.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stoic, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Or you and your commie buddies could move to cuba so that everyone can make the same amount.... zero....

#41     Apr 11, 2012
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Romney made 330k in wages. He paid the maximum tax rate on that income.

#42     Apr 12, 2012
  3. Banjo

Banjo

4. There isn't any way to make major structural changes in tax collection without SOMEBODY getting unfairly hosed. Nevertheless, changes should be made for the general good and for posterity.

#44     Apr 12, 2012
  5. I agree it's just that seniors more than any other voting demographic are more monolithic in their voting habits on issues like this than any other group.

#45     Apr 12, 2012

6. Yes but of his total income he only pays around 15%. That's absurd. I don't care how he makes it.

#46     Apr 12, 2012
  7. Mercor

Mercor

Do you feel that wages that have no risk of lost should be taxed the same a investment capitol that has risk of total lost.

If the tax rate was the same why would one risk any lost?

#47     Apr 12, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Actually, if we can ever rid ourselves of such an abundance of bought off whores in our government, there will be no tax on capital gains.

#48     Apr 13, 2012
  9. Because people are greedy and will deal with whatever it takes to make more money.

#49     Apr 13, 2012
  10. Mercor

Mercor

I would argue that the Government is most greedy and will do whatever it takes to get more money. It will spend all its money and then borrow 60% more and spend that.

At least with greedy people they need to earn money from others on a voluntary basis. The Government can force you to give them money.

#50     Apr 13, 2012