The rich are waging class warfare on the poor

Discussion in 'Economics' started by failed_trad3r, Jul 26, 2011.

1. bone

bone

The City of Chicago, which spends over
    $15,800 per student,
    has the highest spending
    of the three Chicago-area districts we examined
    (Figure 4).

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa662.pdf

Clearly the government is not the answer.

#31     Jul 26, 2011
  2. Through inflation, they can steal (the value of) your money without even touching it. :D

That is theft via monetary policy though - and everybody knows poor people control that..... :D

#32     Jul 26, 2011
  3. joneog

joneog

you forgot to mention cell phones...yes that's right, I heard a commercial on the radio advertising free, gov provided cell phones/minutes.

edit: I just realized they are also paying for the advertising to give out the free phones/minutes

#33     Jul 26, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

That's one of the more intelligent statements you've posted in a long while. Are you trying to go intellectual on us?

#34     Jul 26, 2011
  5. bone

bone

The real answer is substance abuse and personal accountability.

In terms of class warfare, I would suggest that the OP examine which political party perpetuates the class warfare demogoguery, and which political party uses tax dollars to bribe voters using entitlements. In fact, examine the premise behind the 'Dream Act'.

#35     Jul 26, 2011
  6. bone

bone

I have my occasional moments of clarity.

#36     Jul 26, 2011
  7. the1

the1

The government has failed miserably in the K-8 area, especially in the inner cities. However, I went to public school through the 12th grade and came out with a wonderful education but I live in the burbs of Chicago. The US should study the likes of Germany who has a fantastic elementary public program. No country can be good at everything; hence, specialize and trade. Maybe we should ship our inner city students out to Germany for 8 years :)

#37     Jul 26, 2011

8. This is the kind of statement pseudo-intellectuals make to seem smart. The fact is that there's no money in stealing from the poor. The rich primarily steal from each other. It's easier to cheat another rich person out of a million bucks than to cheat a million poor ones out of a dollar. Duh.

The poor are the poor because they don't have much to offer the world, especially now that machines can take the place of muscles fairly easily. I know. I grew up among them and most of them were half a wit short of being halfwits. In an earlier day and age, they'd have died horrible deaths before reaching middle age, so what are they bitching about?

#38     Jul 26, 2011
  9. toc

toc

Rich are rich because poor want to be like them.

:D :cool: :p

#39     Jul 26, 2011
  10. If you look at the wealth distribution (not income distribution) you'd see that the wealth has been moving up the ladder too. It's clear that the poor are no longer the easy target; there's just not enough wealth there. So the middle and upper-middle classes will be the next to fall victim.

If something can't go on forever, it won't. So the question to answer is, how does this all end?

-lf

#40     Jul 26, 2011