The rich are waging class warfare on the poor

Discussion in 'Economics' started by failed_trad3r, Jul 26, 2011.

1. And how the rich keep poor quiet ? sell them hope or American dream. :D

#11     Jul 26, 2011
  2. bone

bone

The poor have absolutely nothing but praise and thanks for the rich - every month when they get those checks. Hell, they get debit cards to spend on in some states. How is it that the poor are in their station in life because of the rich ? Use you brain and think please.

#12     Jul 26, 2011
  3. The premise should be, why have the rich gotten richer while everyone else stagnates. Many reasons for this. The obvious reasons are the stock market, outsourcing, skills, government influence to make laws that would benefit them, etc....

#13     Jul 26, 2011
  4. joneog, at first your argument sounds logical. The rich pay alot more taxes than the poor.

but you have to delve deeper than that.

let start with a hypothesis: the rich wage class warfare on the poor
    corollary: the rich steal income from the poor
    deduction: this income is used to pay taxes
    conclusion: the rich steal income and use it to pay taxes

I hope you're still with me. I have logically proven that your argument is superceded by mine. While your argument is at a molecular level, my argument is at an atomic or even quark level, and provides a deeper understanding of the issue.

The rich steal income from the poor, thus paying more taxes, getting recognition and pride from paying more taxes, all the while obfuscating the fact that they've stolen these taxes, a.k.a. income, from the poor people in the first place.

The poor demand their income back and the right to pay taxes.:mad: :mad: :mad:

#14     Jul 26, 2011
  5. Messi007

Messi007 Guest

I moved to NY in March. Where I live there are some public Proyects Building near. They must have like 200 families living in those proyects. And I can see every single morning Tons of Young and healthy Blacks and puerto ricans doing nothing but dancing salsa and playing dominoes on the street. None of them want or need a job and almost all of them take money from the welfare. Some even exchange the welfare debit card for cash at the local store.

so who are stealing who?.

Sorry for My english, im from europe.

#15     Jul 26, 2011
  6. joneog

joneog

Not sure if you're joking or not but here goes:

since it's clear that the "rich" (i.e. bastards making over $115k) pay income tax, your little argument can be re-worded:

the rich steal from the poor, therefore
    the rich steal from the poor

First you need to explain how the 14 million people earning over $115k (or any subset of that group, save the aforementioned plutocrats) are stealing from the rest.

Is this some type of vast conspiracy? Are there meetings I don't know about? Any techniques some of you rich bastards would like to share?

#16     Jul 26, 2011
  7. the1

the1

Two words -- Goldman Sachs. If there's a market open in the world they are stealing. I guess that means the rich steal for the poor 24/7 because there's almost always a market open somewhere.

#17     Jul 26, 2011
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

That's a horrible attempt at logic. Please say it was a joke. If not, you just put the as(s) in asinine.

#18     Jul 26, 2011
  9. This is where revolutions come from.

When a country has it for too good, for too long, the elites tend to forget that social programs and a bit of income redistribution is a hell of a lot cheaper than angry mobs in the street.

Safer, too.

Then blood gets spilled, everyone chills out, and the cycle begins again.

#19     Jul 26, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I suspect that YOU are the leading cause of stupidity in your country.

#20     Jul 26, 2011