The revolution begins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Also fair. I hereby retract one (1) aspersion thrown your direction.

#41     Mar 18, 2013
  2. I say this with respect Cap,this is tin foil hat stuff you just posted

#42     Mar 18, 2013
  3. I am against any new gun restrictions except for background checks .Unlike some ET members my head isn't in the sand when it comes to public opinion shifting for more gun restrictions

#43     Mar 18, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Focusing on character (for gun ownership) could eventually, ironically, lead to an even greater loss of freedom for individuals than merely banning high capacity magazines. Why? Because understanding character, to a level useful for predictability, would be highly invasive.

#44     Mar 18, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Do I get to choose which one? :)

#45     Mar 18, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Yes. : (

#46     Mar 18, 2013
  7. Isn't it ironic how important polls are to liberals when they seem to support liberal positions and how utterly irrelevant they are when they don't?

For example, large majorities have supported the death penalty. Liberals fight against it tirelessly.

Large majorities oppose affirmative action. Liberals sneer at them.

Large majorities were against gay marriage. Liberals called them homophobes and mounted an unprecedented indoctrination and smear campaign.

Large majorities favor strict immigration controls and are against amnesty. Liberals push for them anyway.

A clear majority opposed Obamacare. Liberals rammed it through nayway.

Now with guns, a few liberal anti-gun groups create misleading polls and we are supposed to drop all opposition. No, but we will be watching closely to see which politicians backstab us.

#47     Mar 18, 2013
  8. On this issue, I wear the hat proudly. Are you saying polls can't be manipulated? That a administration can't sway public opinion using media bias? Geez, that's politics 101 in todays world.

#48     Mar 18, 2013
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Of course they could be manipulated. It's just a lot less likely they are than those polls from www.unlessyousaveamericawereallgonnadie.com.

#49     Mar 18, 2013
  10. The polls are swaying because of all the mass shootings and the number of homes having guns are declining.Its not a conspiracy between Obama,the media and the pollsters imo.If they could do that they would have had obamacare polling favorably

#50     Mar 18, 2013