"The Retail Investor Is Just Not Trading As Much Right Now"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 18, 2007.

1. hels02

hels02

I think it's just Etrade. I have an account in Etrade again after they bought BrownCo... prolly how they got 1/3 their customer base back after 2002 and everyone dumped Etrade.

Etrade screws with your account, then sends it to the IRS so you can get a nice big tax bill. Then, you get to pay your accountant more $$ to fix the bullshit they caused you with the IRS.

It's amazing people open accounts with Etrade voluntarily... and oh yah, their Power E-Trade platforms just plain SUX. Free or not (30 trades a quarter and its free... big deal), they aren't worth the time to open. I don't think E-trade is any reflection on the market as a whole or who's trading in it.

As for people not entering the market... that's why we're not 2000. Because if this were a REAL bubble like we had in 1999, you'd have grocery store clerks telling you their latest stock picks... the same ones that were telling you about their real estate license in 2005.

THAT is the signal to run for the hills (and buy real estate there, this time away from hurricanes and earthquakes, to flip again). We do not have all the money in... there's still upside to this market.

#11     Apr 19, 2007
  2. hmm, so I guess I won't be signing up for etrade any time soon.

#12     Apr 20, 2007
  3. WHAT! I have 88 trades with etrade this QTR!

I don't use the extra bells and whistles they seem to much trouble. Exicutions are so so I don't care- they get done. Getting in touch is a real pain in the ass-- I don't know who's any better maybe Schwab you get what you pay for $7 trades. ~ stoney

#13     Apr 22, 2007