The Republicans Long Road Back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Thank you for what? Tripling the national debt? Creating an industry for scum like rush limbaugh(abolishing fairness doctrine)?

#11     Apr 30, 2009
  2. How are you going to STOP President Obama - - - dickwad by posting 5,000 times on ET???

Don't make me laugh. :D

#12     Apr 30, 2009
  3. #13     Apr 30, 2009
  4. Maybe for conquering communism and putting the policies in place for a 25 year bull market.

#14     Apr 30, 2009
  5. I get to slam Landis82 on two threads for the same thing.

In ordinary usage, skepticism or scepticism (Greek: 'óêÝðôïìáé' skeptomai, to look about, to consider; see also spelling differences) refers to:

(a) an attitude of doubt or a disposition to incredulity either in general or toward a particular object;
    (b) the doctrine that true knowledge or knowledge in a particular area is uncertain; or
    (c) the method of suspended judgment, systematic doubt, or criticism that is characteristic of skeptics (Merriam–Webster).

#15     Apr 30, 2009

6. Obama is at the same level of popularity at this point as Carter was. We are going to defeat Obama the same way we defeated Carter.

#16     Apr 30, 2009
  7. You are a walking cliche. The "25 year bull market" occurred in LARGE part because of the scam known as 401(k) and the mutual fund industry. You divert ever more of american worker's paycheck into the stock market and voila! It was also the time of considerable technological expansion that had nothing to do with Reagan.

US was not going to lose the cold war the moment it got nukes, nato and ballistic missiles(and marshall plan). When Arabs shut off oil valves in 1973 it was Soviet Union(among others) that was selling oil to US (USSR profited mightily). There was no reason why detente could not be extended indefinitely(for as long soviet union existed). Soviet Union was going to collapse no matter what, its economic system was unworkable. What did NOT have to happen was tripling the US national debt in a demented rush to accelerate the process.

Reagan did not take over a 3rd world nation and turn it into a powerhouse, Reagan tookover a super power and used the tools CREATED BY OTHERS to finish the job in the most moronic way possible.

#17     Apr 30, 2009
  8. You are posting at 3X the rate I am, but I post too much?

Landis, it is so easy to rip you. You say some of the dumbest shit.

#18     Apr 30, 2009
  9. I would not worry too much about Jerkaloius. He's a reincarnation of a disgraced alias who obviously could not handle his own when he was here the first time. So now he's trying to start over. Again. LOL!!

#19     Apr 30, 2009
  10. Look at the country in '80 then look at it in '88. Enough said.

#20     Apr 30, 2009