The Republicans Long Road Back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 30, 2009.

1. My god we have goldwater hold outs here.

Goldwater hold outs
    Bush loyalists
    KKK
    Glenn Beck watchers

Is there a crazy group not represented on this site?

#91     May 2, 2009

2. Honestly, that is one of the reasons he lost, fear of him using the bomb. I was there as a child and heard the discussion between my father and his best friend. So, I am speaking from personal experience which means absolutely nothing to you. you brought goldwater up not me.

As far as crazy............the Obamanites would be at the top of your list.

#92     May 2, 2009
  3. too many know-it-alls on this board. Maybe when some of you get some experience in life you will figure it out.

#93     May 2, 2009
  4. Have you ever taken statistics? You know the concept of a representative sample? Your discussion with your friends and/or family members cannot be used to draw conclusions for the POPULATION known as the voting public. That makes them useless for historical purposes.

It is a ridiculous statement to say that Barry Goldwater only lost because people were afraid of him using nukes. If nothing else, he was facing a sitting president.

#94     May 2, 2009

5. I give up Publix........you are never going to see my point.

#95     May 2, 2009
  6. Maybe your point is wrong? Goldwater was too extreme for the voting public. One of the manifestations of his "extremeness" was that he could not be trusted with nukes. That is why I say Barry Goldwater was a nutcase because he was.

#96     May 2, 2009
  7. That was my point. He had no chance of being elected due to Democrats attacking the nuclear issue. Fear. The public bought it. If you recall, the country had just gone through the Bay of Pigs incident and was in no mood for it. Looking back, he would have faced the same social problems Johnson did. I cannot see how anyone could have done a worse job than Johnson in that regard.

#97     May 2, 2009