The Republicans are the problem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, May 15, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

He's about the same age as we are, he doesn't have that long to wait.

#11     May 15, 2012
  2. "Sixteen months into the George W. Bush administration, Memorial Day 2002, only 13 executive-branch nominations awaited confirmation by the Senate. At the corresponding moment in the Obama administration, Memorial Day 2010, 108 nominees were awaiting action by the Senate."

Well maybe the nominees are 108/13.................8.3 times worse ? That seems logical,

if you're one of the resident right-wing nut-jobs.

#12     May 15, 2012
  3. They were shut out by Pelosi and Reid. How do you negotiate on a bill when you don't even get to see it before voting on it?

Republicans traditionally made the mistake of trying to trim the rough edges off radical democrat propsoals in the interests of going along. Then they turned to Bob Dole to raise taxes to pay for them. No more.

Voters want a choice, not an echo.

#13     May 15, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

So RCG wants to talk about the gene lottery, longevity and nursing homes? Fine :D

My great-uncle (my grandfathers brother) just died at 101 years old. He had one of those golf driving nets in his front year and liked to hit a bucket of balls each morning. Every winter he drove his cadillac CTS down from Gig Harbor to Palm Springs where he rented a condo. Everytime I saw him he had a different girlfriend on his arm. He had been on retirement for 43 years.

My dad is fit, rides his mountain bike and crews on various racing boats. He had to give up skiing and now just snowboards. They spent a couple of weeks at Park City this winter. Now he and his young wife have rented a villa in Tuscany for the spring and he shipped his mountain bike over. His wife says they open a bottle of local wine every afternoon. My dad was shot in Korea so he has metal parts in his left leg (artificial femur) and his left ankle is fused but he stays very fit and looks great.

In 20 years I'll have been retired 20 years. I haven't been shot so I don't have limitations on my workouts and I probably eat healthier than my dad too. My 50 year old ex-girlfriends say I look great and simply haven't aged except that my goatee has turned white. I seem to attract younger women but I prefer them in the 30-40 year old range.

My current "girlfriend" overseas is 33, gorgeous and rides a Honda cafe racer to her job as a chef in Chiang Mai. She is tall, dark and frighteningly uninhibited. There is a fair chance that I will build her a house up in her village and live up there but its hard to predict. I keep swapping for younger ones but I really like this one. :D

The gene lottery is cruel RCG. I don't think I need to say more.

I've pointed out that living in Peoria is like being dead so you've got a leg up on that experience. Just get out of there RCG while you still can. If you can administer an enema in Peoria then you could do the same on Oahu. I cannot understand why you would spend your life in the most boring city in North America with your hand in someones ass. I would be really happy to see you escape. Got family there? Well they'll be fine, you can visit them. You can thank me later.

How can you guys criticize republicans, they're about to save the country!

#14     May 15, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I actually agree with your concern here, but not with your choice of targets. Most of these groups are symptoms, not causes.

#15     May 15, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Oh, and I bet that when you're not modelling or starring in blockbuster movies you're performing pro bono neurosurgery and advising various international heads of state on policy issues and so on.

#16     May 15, 2012
  7. Sounds like you got it going on. Tell you what's more cruel. The random selection of death by any number of ways other than old age. Best do that young girlfriend a couple times tonight cause a truck might have your name on it tomorrow.:eek:

#17     May 15, 2012
  8. Wow!

My last post got him between the eyes:D

I will not post an essay, like you have.

Congrats on your "overseas girlfriend". I hope you are not being scammed.:)

Would it not be more practical to be able to have a gf without needing a passport if you get horny?

Peoria, is one of the cheapest places in the US to live, and I am not constrained to traditional earning restraints. So my wage goes very, very far here. One reason why I never moved back home. I had to explain this to my parents as well.

Sorry if I struck a nerve there 377. I only said that to say people with ideas do not change, people with those ideas die, and the new paradigm takes over.:cool:

#18     May 15, 2012
  9. He can't. He has an incredible flight time to get there.

#19     May 15, 2012
  10. :D

#20     May 15, 2012