The Republicans are at it again...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chuck.ells, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Federal Prosecutor Pinched In Child sex sting

DETROIT, MICH—An assistant U.S. attorney from the northern district of Florida was arrested at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport on suspicion of traveling to Detroit to have sex with a five-year girl.
    John David R. Atchison, 53, of Gulf Breeze, Fla., was arraigned in U.S. District Court in Detroit Monday on charges of enticement of a minor using the Internet and knowingly traveling interstate to engage in illicit sex.
    According to court records, an undercover police officer working as part of an undercover six crime sting being conducted by the Macomb Area Computer Enforcement Team (MACE) had posed as a mother on the Internet offering her five-year-old to Atchinson for sex.
    Police say that Atchinson, who described himself as a family man, engaged in an online chat on Aug. 29 with a person who he thought was the child’s mother. The records indicate the he engaged in repeated conversations about the prospective encounter and said that “I’m always gentle and loving; not to worry; no damage ever; no rough stuff ever ever”. He told the “mother” that the girl wouldn’t need medical attention, writing that “I can be absolutely sure; just gotta go slow and very easy is how; I’ve done it plenty”.
    Before he left for his flight from Pensacola to Detroit to meet the girl, he told the fictitious mother to tell her daughter that she “found her a sweet boyfriend who will bring her presents”.
    If convicted, he faces up to 60 years in prison. 9-17-07

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/news/2007/09/17/prosecutor_pinched/

On the bright side, at least he wasn't getting a blow job from a grown woman who worked for him.

2. Nowhere in this story says that the guy is a Republican. How do you know that this is a Republican? Aren't you jumping to conclusions too fast?

3. Actually, I've been learning a new way of reaching conclusions by reading hapaboy and dodo post.

The evidence.
    The guy is from Florida. = Republican
    The guy is a prosecutor = Republican
    The guy is a family man = Republican
    The guy is a sexual deviant = Republican

Walks like a duck - quacks like a duck.....

4. Can someone with a legal background explain why this type of setup doesn't count as entrapment? The guy's a dirty bastard obviously, but who's to say he would have the same intentions if it wasn't offered to him by an undercover police officer?.

5. :p

They're even having their national convention in Minny/St. P. so they can fly in for that fast out o' town toilet action Craig was out there for.

:D

6. This guy was appointed as a federal prosecutor in 2002, presumably by Bush. I would be shocked if Bush appointed a Democrat.

Did a little bit of google and found this:
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?messageid=438741&mpage=1&showdate=9/18/07&forum=1
    (scrolldown to find the message quoted below)
    "From Gulf Breeze FL: John David Roy Atchison Registered Republican; Florida Division of Elections voter file as of 3/31/07. Public record and available for purchase. (I got this reply from the Rawstory.com messages on the subject.)"

So your guess was correct - he is a Republican.

I guess GOP stands for Grand Old Perverts or something...

7. Makes you wonder about the type of people involved in these sort of stings. Can a normal human being say to themselves "hey I know, we could offer to pimp my 5 year old daughter on the internet to see if there are any takers"?

I don't know, maybe it takes a deviant to catch a deviant.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

If it were up to me this POS would be taken out - and shot.

9. The moonbats sink to a new low. Apparently those who do not share their political views are pedophiles.

You probably don't even realize what a pathetic excuse for a human being you are, not to mention an utter coward.

10. Proof again that you hate fellow Americans who disagree with you more than criminals. No condemning the pedophile who happened to be a Republican (not a coincidence IMHO, given the pattern), not from you as far as I can tell.

Never condemned Foley, another pedophile.

Never condemned Vitter, who had sex with a hooker, a crime under US law, and admitted it.

Never condemned Craig, who plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

Yet so quick to condemn someone who posts a verbal attack on the Republican party. This isn't a crime under the US law. At least not yet.

#10     Sep 18, 2007