The Repeal Vote: An historic repudiation of an entitlement that is only 10 months old

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, nice.

#51     Jan 27, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

But this is the "Religion and Politics" sub-forum. If everyone said hey, you're right and I'm wrong that would get us nowhere. So in the spirit of debate:

OK, let's toss out all the polls, all the retoric and just rely on actual election results where the people speak. Oh, wait, that doesn't work out in your favor either. Voters voted for the 'repeal Obamacare' message by Republicans. Guess you were wrong afterall.

#52     Jan 27, 2011
  3. Doesn't anyone every lighten up and smile sometimes? I like my life, my kids, my job most of the time. I don't like everything either side does, but to spend some much time and energy on simply my guy is better then yours is kinda crazy. :)

c

#53     Jan 27, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

This board is really just rich guys venting mostly about first-world problems. It's pathetic of course, but we gotta fill the time somehow!

#54     Jan 27, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

I smell a trap but here you go.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

#55     Jan 27, 2011
  6. OR, as said by the Neil Patrick Harris character, Barney on How I met your Mother tv show.

Maybe, just maybe, more voters actually wanted more health care, something similar to Medicare. Since medicare is something that both sides seem to agree on, as being an excellent system. Why not just add younger people.

Over half the Country is covered by some sort of Guvmint health care anyway. Military, politico's, cops, teachers, state, local officials, even the impoverished are covered. Good enough for all them but not for others?

Just a thought. Health care is overall in pretty good shape. Health coverage is out of whack. Just my thoughts. Nothing to fight to the death over.

c

#56     Jan 27, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

Basically government CANNOT provide services better or at less cost than the private sector. The money we've all paid into Social Security has been stolen by the government and is now on the backs of future earners. Medicare is a mess and doctors are dropping Medicare because the government is cutting back on payments because they over promise and under preform. Healthcare costs more because technology is progressing and is expensive.

To boil it down, I do not want government getting involved in my medical needs, old age, or much of anything else like that. Our government was not established to do those things.

On the other hand, you would like the government to be the nanny state taking care of our health and most everything else. I don't want to have to try to pay for your dream. I am already paying too much. I would like my money back that I paid to social security that has been stolen for the last half century.

Most Americans agree with me. And so do the Founding Fathers.

#57     Jan 27, 2011
  8. Nice, I'll have to check to see if the Founding Fathers agree with you. Again, just maybe, you interpret something your way and then think that the actual facts support the way you think. I have been in the highest tax brackets forever, don't like paying them, but someone has to. Don't like like goverment waste, don't like welfare, prefer working for any money, including building dams, fixing infrastructure before it kills people and opens up lawsuites against us, yes U.S.

I am somewhat liberal leaning, socially. And more conservative in my fiscal leanings.

Don't like over-crowded prisons. Would like sincere immigration reform. Not extreme like Reagan's full amnesty, and not open borders, but not shoot on site type of government policing. Is that type of search and seizure, ala Arizona currently, in the good old Consitution that agrees with you? How about those much needed wire taps? Is that how America works? I really don't care, the guvmint can listen to my phone calls, boring them to death. But why pay to have someone listen in on you.

A lot of people think like me, I can't say with any certainty that most people do like you can. I can say, without reservation, that no one else can tell me what I think or how I feel on any subject.

And, last but not least. My ego is intact and I don't need to have anyone, any poll, any radio or tv guy to support how I feel. I can scream at both sides if need be.

Feels good to be free of the bondage of having to believe one way to fit in.

c

#58     Jan 27, 2011
  9. pspr

pspr

Good for you. Seriously.

It's important not to start ignoring new facts that may or may not support your current beliefs and have the courage to change those beliefs should the facts change to support a different view.

#59     Jan 27, 2011
  10. Agree completely. One reason why many, necessariy me, think the Constitution is in need of updating due to the many changes since it was written. Often times, it is what changes that Americans can ever agree on. To stick to one's previous beliefs based on, perhaps, what someone else has dictated, instead of feeling comfortable to change with the new facts.

c

#60     Jan 28, 2011