The Religious Bigotry of Secular Agnostic Jews

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jem

jem

Stu - I could not give one shit about "true" christian or your definition of Christian or whether you or anyone on this board thinks I am a Christian. All I care about is the truth.

Now here is more proof of the truth about the U.S. v. Trinity Supreme Court Case...

This stands as quite a convincing and broad-based argument! The Court quoted directly from eighteen sources, alluded to over forty others, and acknowledged "many other" and "a volume" more from which selections could have been made.

The Court cited People v. Ruggles, Updegraph v. Commonwealth, and Vidal v. Girard's Executors in establishing its conclusion. The Ruggles case was decided by the Supreme Court of New York in 1811, Updegraph by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania in 1826, and Vidal by the United States Supreme Court in 1844

http://candst.tripod.com/case17.htm

#31     Sep 18, 2008
  2. stu

stu

I don't believe you care about the truth. Nothing you write gives the impression you care about the truth.
    You're happy to side with any cut & past un-constitutional misinterpretation edited out of context technically incorrect rendition, which supports your own religious bigotry and ideas of "Christian nation".

According to you The Court decides the matter and as it goes we are not. So what is your beef ?
    Not able to be true Christian make you angry about it or something?

#32     Sep 18, 2008
  3. jem

jem

I agree we were a Christian Nation and now we are not.

I have given you a great deal of evidence that Christianity formed the foundation and backbone of what made this country great and we exported that greatness and our freedoms around the globe... (although we are far from perfect.)

No one questioned our leadership, or our greatness as a people or a country. We helped our enemies rebuild after conquering them in WW11. ....

Then in the 50s... the Supreme court started removing God from our public life and our schools. People like you began re-writing history to try an pretend we were a secular nation and that a belief Christianity was bad.

We have been a secular society since about the 60s.

Perhaps you may see a correlation.

Now I am not saying that the belief in Christianity made us a better country or that having prayers in school means that God answers the prayers.

What I am saying is that the promotion of atheism leads many to devalue their own and others lives and that for most secularism is not much better. Finally when kids are not given the belief in a higher purpose or being you get rot that is happening in our public education system.

Secularism is a failed experiment and I am waiting for it to be replaced. Unfortunately I am quite concerned it will be replaced with something far worse that what we had.

#33     Sep 18, 2008
  4. stu

stu

What rubbish.
    You pretend you have given evidence for such a thing as a Christian Nation, but in reality, in truth , you do no such thing.

The U.S. Constitution specifically denies the practice you gave as your so called evidence of a christian Nation.

This Nation is founded on Liberty.
    Submission and servitude, especially to irrational imaginary nonentities, would threaten the Nation's founding principles.

The handing over of Liberty to superstition exactly compromises its integrity and that of freedom. The Founders and more sensible religious folk knew that at the time.

Settlers were fleeing from the imposition of a 'Christian' religion. Christian ideal is no reason to inflict the same servitude over again.
    Any arbitrary requirement to exercise a Christian religion is an affront to personal freedom and political independence.

If your philosophical reasoning is an idea for an evangelical theocracy or a christian Nation state, you will need a lot more than Christ or God to help you . The greatness of this Nation you mention came from inclusion and tolerance. Forced into some Christian acceptance or other of what and how to believe, is contrary to all understanding of free independence.

Reparations do not require ‘Christian’ . The greatest deeds normally can be and are carried out irrespective of religion. The act itself is greater than any Christian doctrine or dogma. Christian is simply a set of internal politics for a religion.

You'll wait a long time in hell for secularism to be replaced, for the only alternative to it is theocracy.

#34     Sep 19, 2008
  5. jem

jem

you are so delusional.

If you read our history you would understand that the founders of our nation came to practice their own versions of Christianity free of interference from other versions of Christianity. Very few were non Christians. 90 -99 of the people in this country were christians . Their political leaders - our founders - set up our constitution. At the constitutional convention they set up the establishment clause to allow their states to continue to support the christian religion - free from the Feds setting up a national religion.

It is so fricken funny that you do not get that point.

At the time of the constitutional conventional 3/4 of our states were deeply connected to particular christian practices and religion.

The tolerance you love was made possible by the Christians you hate.

If you had even an once of backbone you would force yourself to see the truth. The U.S. Supreme Court and many of the State Courts declared that we were a Christian nation. And that is was Christians who created the foundation of this country.

#35     Sep 19, 2008
  6. stu

stu

You've referred to "our" nation "our" Constitution "our" Founders. The nation, the Constitution, the Founders you describe, are not American.
    For those "ours" to be American, they would have to fit descriptions in American history and in fact. They do not. They are a ridiculous mockery for the sake of trying to make everything "Christian".

No religious test... Article VI of the Constitution... to you means yes "Christian" religious test.
    No law respecting the establishment of religion ....in the Establishment Clause of the Constitution.... to you means yes law respecting the establishment of "Christian" religion.
    You would deny and contradict the U.S. Constitution in order to delude yourself into everything "Christian". That is not "our" American history or heritage.

Secular philosophy founded the American nation and Constitution and it doesn't matter how absurd you are, no amount of "Christian" will alter that fact.

#36     Sep 20, 2008