The recognition of the Wall St. Journal

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vinny Gigante, Jul 21, 2002.

1. The thing is, Vinny Stupidante, that shortboy sucked from 96 right through to 2002. (Not to mention the fact that those results were fabricated anyway!)

You wish you could have made 17%? But wait a minute...you're shortdick's biggest fan? Do you mean that a subsriber to his service couldn't replicate shortdick's results? That doesn't sound good...

#21     Jul 22, 2002
  2. So then, the point of all this hysterical ranting and whining by this Ginsberg guy is what?

Does he hope to lure subscribers to a stock-picking service by insulting them?

#22     Jul 22, 2002
  3. toby400

toby400

What better way to sell your bottle of snake oil than by starting an empty discussion on yet another purveyor of dreams.

A rhetorical question I admit, since the purpose is to lure the weak minded and greedy to chase the fabled holy grail of trading lying at the end of the rainbow. Moreover, the lazy and greedy can be counted upon to read the hype and ignore the cautionary note of the more experienced.

Consider also, the proposition that the trader who can turn a profit is busily doing so without appearing in a newspaper and spoon feeding empty trading rhetoric to gullible reporters.

These same reporters are not reknowned for their knowledge of a particular topic, and rarely investigate claims of those they interview in the scramble for greater readership figures.

Wall Street journal, as are all newspapers, is part of the media circus, so one is not to be surprised if one of the acts to appear is the snakeoil man.

#23     Jul 23, 2002
  4. egildone

egildone

Alan Farley disagrees.

http://www.hardrightedge.com/realmoney1.htm

Ed

#24     Jul 23, 2002
  5. Bsulli

Bsulli

#25     Jul 23, 2002
  6. Uh, how can anyone be in the know all the time?

#26     Jul 23, 2002
  7. would you like me to wipe your rear end for you as well?

There's a links page on the shortboy site that takes you to amazon, where the book is offered.

http://www.shortboy.com/link_frm.htm

your welcome

#27     Jul 23, 2002
  8. Bsulli

Bsulli

Don't know what your problem is All I did was ask a simple question which you only answered one part of and had already come across since my post. If your going to show your ass at least answer the whole thing.

I also asked for the WSJ and Forbes articles but you were to busy assuming I was slamming shortboy when I wasn't.

Quote "would you like me to wipe your rear end for you as well?"

If your going to act like an asswipe then so be it.

Bsulli

#28     Jul 23, 2002
  9. egildone

egildone

Hmmmmm! this bear market is giving some traders an ugly attitude!

Ed:confused:

#29     Jul 23, 2002
  10. Bsulli

Bsulli

I couldn't agree more! Ask a simple unbiased question and you get your head knocked off. Go figure?

Bsulli, :cool:

#30     Jul 23, 2002