The Recession Is Over

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MrDODGE, May 4, 2009.

1. Will take many years

#41     May 4, 2009
  2. What's up Friday? Employment report, oh hell.

#42     May 4, 2009
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Employment figures on Friday and Stress Test Thursday, as of right now everything seems like a positive going forward so continue to buy those stocks and hold into every rally moving forward. The stress tests will extremely positive, so positive that it could send the bank index up 20% this week alone, also keep in mind that if unemployment numbers come with in line with what the market expects it will be time for dow 10k by end of MAY. Who says sell in may and go away, ha.

#43     May 4, 2009
  4. sumosam

sumosam

imho, a fly in the ointment may be interest rates....didn't China allude to the fact that they were unwilling to buy USD? a low usd is good for the markets, but there may come a line in the sand

during the great depression the market rallied back 100% only to fail further.....also, something similar happened in '74

to me, a bull market climbs a wall of worry, and we have up and up days/weeks. just doesn't feel like a sustainable bull market....also, the market participants are traders....not the buy and hold over the long term.

those that have been trapped into this market, and are not market savvy, that i know, are planning to get out "once they have gotten their money back" or something at least close to it.

#44     May 4, 2009
  5. Wow, this is fantastic news! I must have had it on Bloomberg when that piece was running. After the embarassing Jon Stewart expose a few months back, the CNBC reporters have really stepped up their critical thinking, analysis and investigative rigor....don't you agree? So, it must be true.

Models and bottles...party like it's 2006/2007!

#45     May 4, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Im just wondering if the Fu$king idiots at cnbc are going to pull out their dow 10k hats for a second time like fools.

#46     May 4, 2009
  7. mitstop

mitstop

This swing up from 666 sp cash is filled with excellent price collpases running straight down to bullish support levels, just deep enough to scare the weak longs out and interest the crash dummies into shorting the next day or on the swing up and out of the collpases. Indeed, virtually this entire run has been built on those set-ups. What is notable again though, as was in the 90's trending bull market, is that the news plays an even more concrete roll. If the news is bad, it had been a complete giveaway to buy the price collapse. However, now the market faces a dilemna- the news is all good- the recession is over, China is back, housing are being bought and sold, construction spending is back up, Obama is thought to be the Messiah incarnate- but there's no bad news... must be a top- today or tomorrow shows intraday signs of distribution, the sp cash is extended (for the first time) into bull extension territory technically, and I went home short the first time in a long while loaded up nearly to the max. I wonder... can good news be the end?

#47     May 4, 2009

8. Which is why Support becomes Resistance once broken...

:p

915's the spot tonight on June. 880 support.

#48     May 4, 2009
  9. Watching that channel ain't gonna getcha nowhere, ya feel? In West Baltimore, we ain't never got no use for white folks thinking they know shit about whats what. Better to just watch and learn from yo own perspective, ya feel?

#49     May 4, 2009
  10. Everything is positive. Blue skys ahead.

#50     May 6, 2009