The reality of trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FireWalker, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Do we have any results from this system? And what does that have to do with the reality of trading? Is the reality to know what you're doing? Yes, always, but taking responsibility doesn't have to get complicated.

It's embarrasing to lose publicly, but to lose privately nobody cares except you. Either lose publicly, or win privately then prentend it's public when you start a new trading system.

I'm wondering what the quant math was, because I've read the color wheel and didn't think it had anything to do with trading.

#41     Mar 24, 2011
  2. volente_00

volente_00

This has to be the $hittiest excuse I have heard for failing at trading.

#42     Mar 24, 2011
  3. I don't know either, but the end result will kill the stock market. It looks for emotions in the trader population based on their responses. Then leverages those emotions and attacks them. Bleeding the population of traders until they are emotionless and penniless. Without traders, there is no market.

That system was installed in other places as well: get a girl to give up by attacking her emotions until she says "ee ee ehhh" (no, no, oh jeez i can't fight anymore).

#43     Mar 24, 2011
  4. can you represent color in a computer? yes, to a degree. how many decimal points to gain sufficient to fool your eyes? depends. however you'll never truly represent that color.

same for emotions. that analogy applies to artificial intelligence which can be sufficient to pass the Tulving test and fool most people into believing the computer is alive. however, it is still just an expert system simulating emotions. tell Kurzweil that.

#44     Mar 24, 2011
  5. bone

bone

Kill this malarial flop-sweat of a thread.

Please.

#45     Mar 24, 2011
  6. it is a bit uncomfy if this rumbling true :D

Any moment someone can jump at your trades and method stops working abruptly as you will be chased for stops :confused: :confused:

#46     Mar 25, 2011
  7. jo0477

jo0477

+1

Bizarre!

Not sure why i keep reading this but I have the strangest urge to down some mezcal and watch Fear and Loathing... :cool:

#47     Mar 25, 2011
  8. schizo

schizo

You do have a good point here. Over the years, neural scientists and philosophers of mind have provided ample examples of optical illusions. I wouldn't exactly call it a mind (or emotional) game, but I too believe optical illusions play a not-so-insignificant part in trading.

#48     Mar 25, 2011

9. flop sponsor. who are you?

#49     Mar 25, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Someone who holds himself personally accountable for the trading decisions he makes.

#50     Mar 25, 2011