The reality of trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FireWalker, Mar 24, 2011.

1. you might listen to what your friend says (off meds).

if you'd like to help your friend, ask your friend this:

What's the difference between schizophrenic and psychic?

#21     Mar 24, 2011
  2. Trust + Performance = Transaction

Communication * (Trust + Performance) = Accountability

This is not a valid algorithm for trading and also has no basis economically either. It's nice philosophically, perhaps logically, but this is in no way a theory that can be tested and doesn't require much debate about why it doesn't explain anything...specifically because it makes no predictions.

See MMO and Cramer's Pink Tie on google.

#22     Mar 24, 2011
  3. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

One talks shit all day and people pretend to wanna listen,,,,,,errrr.. wait a second. Nevermind.

Firewalker, i got two words for you.... Decaf-finated

EF

#23     Mar 24, 2011
  4. I agree. I have no idea what the quants did with it after that. Guilt and Anxiety are opposites. I think they created a wheel of emotions, but can't comment other than that.

#24     Mar 24, 2011
  5. How would they prevent someone who is long/short at the same time from making money? How would they prevent someone who trades automated intraday strategies across a diversified basket of futures who doesn't use stops?

How much money does one have to have accumulated in order to be "prevented from making more" or seen as a target?

You traderzones and garcia should get together for lunch sometime.

#25     Mar 24, 2011
  6. not that hard. You have to be selected so your trades are duplicated by some hedge fund or whoever. Although your bet size is say 1K, it will actually be 100k (99k from other guy) and you are a whale !

#26     Mar 24, 2011
  7. Mav88

Mav88

or perhaps more than just lunch ;p

#27     Mar 24, 2011
  8. ++1
    This kind of things happen since market exist, but if you are smart enough, you can get away with some very approach at old time.

The only problem is it become so severe now especially since the last 2-3 years, advanced in computer technology normally will benefit those with deep pocket.

BTW-it is not "selected", it called as "real time sort" by some smart program

#28     Mar 24, 2011
  9. How about if I reaoptimize my system every 2 weeks and it is constantly adapted, My broker will just keep stealing my new code every two weeks? How do I encrypt my code so that no one can see it?

Or would they just front run every single one of my orders right when it is submitted?

#29     Mar 24, 2011
  10. they probably won't steal your code, although there might be exceptions.

they run correlative analysis on the entire set of traders. Looking for people whose stops are hit often or have a high frequency of success or profits in their trades. They sell that information or ride it.

#30     Mar 24, 2011