The real truth of Trading- Read it once, you will not be Disappointed.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kingfisher3210, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Geez... Did ANY of you ET A-Holes go to college? Take a course in Logic? Study any of the hard sciences? Can you perceive an "either/or, probability favorable, limited risk" play on the markets?

What?.. you want the market to hand you $Millions just because you managed to scrape up 5 Grand to open a trading account?

Sheesh!

#31     Nov 29, 2010
  2. Yup. Intuition is as good as the experience one receives.

Experience has to be bang on target- Understand why market behaves how it behaves.

Indicators does not count in intuitive trading.

#32     Nov 29, 2010
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Okay. One of you wizards who are blessed with the mystical "intuition", please tell me, who will win the Presidency in the 2010 election.

I'll make it even easier for you mystics. Just tell me if the Lakers will win another championship this year. I'm really curious and would like to know in advance.

Intuition my ass. LOL:p

#33     Nov 29, 2010
  4. the1

the1

Once again BSAM, you are confusing intuition with fortune telling. If you cared to do any study or activity in the arts of meditation and/or yoga or you're willing to learn anything about mind over body you may have a clue about what I am referring to. We covered this on another thread so there's no need to revisit this topic any further.

Edit: And...you're also confusing trading with gambling or betting seeing as you want to know if the Lakers will win the championship this year.

#34     Nov 29, 2010
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Blah, blah, blah....I don't study meditation or yoga. I study price action in the market.

BTW...Anytime you put on a trade, you are taking a gamble on whether you will win or lose.

Damn I wish I could be as smart as you.:p

#35     Nov 29, 2010
  6. the1

the1

FWIW Scat, if you've enjoyed the success you say you have, and I have no reason to doubt you, then I believe you have developed the ability to intuitively read the markets without even realizing it. Have you ever gotten a scientific trigger and passed on it only to watch it fail or have you ever taken a trigger early or late, or stray one way or another from your KISS methods? My guess is that you have. I've yet to meet a trader who hasn't done one or more of those things. And yeah, sometimes the buggers you pass up, thinking they'll fail, actually work. Even with a good read trading is a bitch. :p

#36     Nov 29, 2010
  7. Of course. But "one trade does not make a career".

If your play is generally for 3:1 profit potential/risk, then even a bit less than 50% success on individual trades makes you a winner.

I believe ES players should be looking for the setup where they can "risk 4 points for a reasonable opportunity to make 12 or more"... trying to "risk one tick to make two" is folly... too much noise for that.

#37     Nov 29, 2010
  8. No shit ! :]

#38     Nov 29, 2010
  9. Why do you feel Ziad only risks a very small amount in any trade?

#39     Nov 29, 2010
  10. Yes, trading is NOT easy at all !!

Is very hard to keep the drawdowns low and make some nice profits.

This concept "KISS" is for... newbies(no offence!). It takes a very deep understanding of the markets. And to be successful you need a very complex thinking. So, drop the "KISS" and embrace "COMPLEX".

Or should I say... "To be profitable on the markets just need to apply a KISS approach, then why all(which I know) successful traders, spent 3 to 5 years on developing their trading business? Including myself. I admit, it took me 4 years.

So, stop fool yourself, admit that your actual trading concept is full of flaws, it doesn't work and go the the NEXT level in your learning curve! Period.

If you don't... well... :) then, it's You who suffer, not me.

PS: I was disappointed because the informations posted at the begin, is not new to me and we find that kind of informations almost everywhere.

all the best.

#40     Nov 29, 2010