The real truth of Trading- Read it once, you will not be Disappointed.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kingfisher3210, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Let us break this down very simply. The guy has a "lotto ticket" year where he makes 400% then believes he now can give advice to us all. I would like to see his trading over the course of 5 years and how he does. Its like if I threw 10 grand at LVS at $1 and now I have 400 grand at $40+, should I be writing a diatribe to other traders about how good I am? The fact is that I got lucky and had the gonads to hold it that long. It took more gonads then smarts, skills and intelligence to do something like that.

The other truth is that everyone on the internet seems to be this wonder trader. No one loses, no one misses an opportunity...etc. This guy writing the passage may be just another internet hero.

#11     Nov 29, 2010
  2. the1

the1

I only read 1/2 of this and need to read no more. The poster is dead on! There is one word that leads to success, or the lack thereof -- intuition!

#12     Nov 29, 2010
  3. What do you mean, "if only"... IT DOES. Few [apparently] can see "the forest from the trees"...

Years ago, I went to a seminar for Equis MetaStock. I went only because I was a long time user. The object of the seminar was to sell MetaStock, of course... I didn't need to "buy" it.. but I did purchase an upgrade version for $100 (that was a waste, BTW)...

But the one truth the polished presenter offered was, "Keep it simple"... "simplify your trading... "and when you think you've simplified it as much as you can, SIMPLIFY AGAIN"... thus, "KISS".

I was in agreement before the seminar... and still.

Any trader who doesn't "get that", is making life more difficult than necessary.

#13     Nov 29, 2010
  4. INTUITION? "Gut feel"? Are you nuts? I've known only ONE successful trader who often referred to his "gut"... I think he "went down to the Crossroads", if you know what I mean.

#14     Nov 29, 2010
  5. Today its the gut, tomorrow its KISS, what will it be on Weds? The fact is that trading is more like gambling then anything else. You can't sit there and properly explain what happens on a Roulette wheel or at a poker table. Its all probability...its all luck. Sometimes the ball lands on black while sometimes it lands on red. What will the next card be? A king? An Ace? A Five? No one really knows and after the card game is over everything seems easily explained and there will be one winner who will write a book on the game.

#15     Nov 29, 2010
  6. Perhaps you should look elsewhere than trading. Apparently, you don't "get it".... It's KISS now, as it has always been.

Don't mean to denigrate, just friendly advice.

#16     Nov 29, 2010
  7. Don't forget that not everyone daytrades. There are a lot of different styles.

#17     Nov 29, 2010
  8. Day Trading, or no... it's still KISS.

#18     Nov 29, 2010
  9. the1

the1

Ok Scat, now you know I'm not suggesting intuition is the "only" trait a trader must have. Naturally, a guy who has that trait is also playing with the crayons.

#19     Nov 29, 2010
  10. Believe me, I "get it". Your tired old phrase that I have heard time and time again for the last few decades has been noted and thrown in the book of tired old phrases.

Words and phrases sound good after the fact when all the dust settles...

#20     Nov 29, 2010