The real tragedy ... education

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Apr 6, 2008.

1. A societal problem? Good. Frankly I'm relieved. I'll raise my 2.5 kids in the burbs and hope it works out for ya.:eek: OR you can join me.

#51     Apr 8, 2008

2. I grew up in a majority black neighborhood and my home in Chicago is STILL in a neighborhood that's around a third black.

I imagine I've had more contact with African-Americans than 99% of ET.

As far as your "white hood" comment. Go fuck yourself you POS.

#52     Apr 8, 2008
  3. Oh, you mean like this guy?

Moving on up

P.S. Now that is "the real tragedy", not some misplaced thread about education started by some clueless kid who doesn't know a damn thing about what he's talking about.

#53     Apr 8, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

If you want to "get somewhere" in this world, you need to be able to:

1. Get along with others
    2. Communicate effectively
    3. Solve problems

Education is the key to all of these. And unfortunately, it requires WORK. Can't say it's "fun" to spend all day in class, do your homework at night, or cram for tests.... however, IT'S A REQUIREMENT. But if you CHOOSE to not do these things, you're likely relegated to something less. (And if thats what one chooses, he shouldn't piss and moan about how the world left him behind.)

The "easy way" is to NOT do the "school thing"... somebody has to instill the importance of school and each person has to understand its importance and "do the work".

I PAY TAXES OUT THE ASS... so that EVERY YOUNG PERSON has the OPPORTUNITY to become educated. If some choose to push that aside, what can we do? (After all, you can "lead a whore to culture, but you can't maker her think".)

If some young people say "piss on it", I can't feel sorry for them. I paid the money to make education available (shit man, it's FREE to them)... society provided the opportunity.

Elephino...

#54     Apr 8, 2008
  5. Ahhh so you "grew" up near "them" so you are qualified to give your statements as the truth. And your regular contact with "those you hate" certainly gives you cred. Second version of the racist mantra after "I am telling it like it is, just the truth" is the ol' "Hey I even know some Black people". I am sure once you made your money from your 25 years of successful trading and making shitty calls on ET you could not move away fast enough from the ol' neighborhood.

As for my other comment... if the hood fits.... Don't get mad just because we pegged you correctly. Be proud of who you are, at least you come out and show it and do not hide it with polite smiles and then behind the back comments.

#55     Apr 8, 2008
  6. Are you black? If you are I would assume that would be true.
    I live in Chicago as well, you live on the north side?

This entire thread is pretty fucking stupid. People need to grow the fuck up and stop pulling the race card.

Your background is just something you haev to deal with. In my fiances previous career she had many struggles with moving up in the professional world due to her being a woman and her race being other than white. Stop letting something like the color of your skin from holding you back, in my eyes it is just an excuse to be lazy. Just my opinion.

#56     Apr 8, 2008
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

if only this was your problem you'd be ok....you have a better chance of getting hit by a car...it has been intrenched in your head, so i understand. But it need not be that way....just look around ya...and i aint talking fity either; which by the way has turned out to be a pretty good business cat...

edit,,,,mandelbrot , you are the last cat id think would still be thinking this way....you seem to be a very savvy individual...

#57     Apr 8, 2008
  8. You ... don't know anything about me, so you can't say something is "entrenched in my head".

It's not "what I think", actually it's what I experience.

hmm ... there obviously is a huge divide in experience in this country. For those that don't have the worse side of it, you should be really happy that you don't.

But thank you for calling me a "savy individual" el cubano, I do appreciate the sincere compliment.
    And for those who insist on thinking that "EDUCATION" is the cure all, it isn't. A superb education at some of the top schools in Granada Hills, coupled with an IQ of over 140 and having traveled the world as a performing artist won't deny the daily reality that I am presented with in this culture.

I honestly don't think there is a "solution" in the way we commonly use the word.

But hey, good trading to everyone.

#58     Apr 8, 2008
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

hahahaha...i wont even go there....peace...

#59     Apr 8, 2008
  10. "A superb education at some of the top schools in Granada Hills, coupled with an IQ of over 140 and having traveled the world as a performing artist won't deny the daily reality that I am presented with in this culture."
    -----------------------------

I think we all struggle with the "Don't you know who I am?" in this big bad world.:D

#60     Apr 8, 2008