The real tragedy ... education

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Because High school offers nothing for a kid who ain't going to college..

#31     Apr 7, 2008
  2. You do realize it is no longer a war right? The troops are over there now to protect the Halliburton employees who are American citizens trying to help rebuild Iraq into a better place. Sure the President could pull the troops home tomorrow but as soon as the last troops boots left Iraqi soil those American civilians would be slaughtered. I am sure that would make all the anti-war people real happy.

#32     Apr 7, 2008
  3. I remember a movie called Stand and Deliver. Too bad that type of teacher doesn't exist. As I think it was the Daimler CEO said many years ago, "Americans only care about the paperwork, Germans care about the product." Americans really don't want to work anymore, they just want to cash the paycheck.

#33     Apr 7, 2008
  4. This whole thread is complete and total bullshit.

None of you people know a fucking thing about being black in America ... you probably know as much about that as you do about trading .. with the exception of Pabst (whatever iteration he's working with).

But I'll tell you what ... you survive six months of this shit and you'd go running back into your skin quicker than you can say "no mas".

That's all it is ... SKIN.

What a bunch of complete assholes.

#34     Apr 7, 2008
  5. I hope this wasn't directed at me.

As someone who has and has had quite a number of African-Americans as good personal friends I think I know more than many others of my ethnicity.

As I stated I knew quite well 2 in high school who were very smart and could have been anything they chose to be, but they dropped out b/c their parents basically told them they couldn't succeed b/c whitey would keep them from it. This is not make believe or something I read in a newspaper. I witnessed it.

As far as what I said about rap music I'd bet my last dollar that if you gave a poll on who was your role model and listed gangsta rappers along side people like Will Smith, Bill Cosby, Johnny Cochran, the majority would choose the gangsta rappers for role models. This is an issue. People like Will Smith should be role models showing that you don't have to be a thug to get ahead in the world.

And honestly YOU Mandlebrot. I assume by your post that you are of African heritage. You should be a role model to the black community. Show the kids and teens you know how to succeed and help us all save the youth of tomorrow, no matter what the skin color.

#35     Apr 7, 2008
  6. Hey, Maverickz

I have no doubt you're a great guy, no doubt at all.

Just stop talking about something that you have no experience with.

It's neither simple nor easy.

As Pabst has mentioned in one of his rants the black on black crime is out of this world (much higher than the stats show) ... and no matter what you're belief system is, you still don't know what's behind door number three ... you never know how someone is going to greet you, or what reaction they are going to have to you, or what someone (even in a church or religious setting) is going to spew out of their mouth at you.

So you see. You get it coming and going, while all you can do is work at your goals and see what your background, native intellect, education, will to succeed and ability to let shit roll of your back like water off a duck can get you ... and pretend like you don't want to smash some asshole's face in who just totally disrespected you (because all that is going to get you is jail time)

So you and everyone else know as much about being black as you do about gving birth (which unless there are some females in the group, which I highly doubt), is a big, fat NOTHING!

#36     Apr 8, 2008
  7. I know the black community does have to deal with that shit and it pisses me off. I hate that it happens and would prefer a world where it didn't. I will however drop this topic at your request. Peace out my friend.

#37     Apr 8, 2008
  8. While i admire your optimistic outlook on life and society, it still doesnt change the fact that you live inside a bubble - the pleasantville fantasy land.

For every Stan Oneal, there are tens of thousands that failed and live a life in the ghetto and violence.

Also Stan ONeal is hardly a good example / role model, i am not sure if you heard what happened at ML lately under his watch..playing golf....

#38     Apr 8, 2008
  9. Success, failure, or mediocrity it's all a result of the choices you make. Everyone is given the chance at an education of at least a minimum value. Those who reject it have no recourse to blame anyone but themselves for rejecting a free gift. As it is with those that take the free gift and then do nothing with it.

#39     Apr 8, 2008
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

no but I know what is to be a "SPIC" ... and i can assure you like one OP said....education starts at home. Values, right from wrong can only be taught at home..ghetto or not...

#40     Apr 8, 2008