The real tragedy ... education

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Typical crap article. Notice how the words "black" or "Latino" or "African-American" were nowhere to be found. Instead it's more PC to use words like "urban" or if all else fails, "Detroit." Why not just call it as it is?

Blacks drop out. Period. And it matters little how much $ is spent since cities like D.C. and Chicago spend as much as 15k per kid and still have 50% drop out rates.

Why do kids of color drop out? For many anti- PC reasons.

1. They're stupid. Can you imagine how boring it must be to sit through hours of classes and you don't have a friggin' clue as to what's being taught? You'd be outta there asap too.

2. Lack of parental supervision.

3. Lack of motivation. Immigrant kids are thrilled at the chance to work long hours at low paying jobs. It sure beats starving in Mexico. Too many black kids feel if they can't play NBA hoops or make rap recordings then they'd rather thug than work.

4. Black teachers themselves are often sub-standard. Because of safety concerns whites aren't crazy about teaching in ghetto schools.

Keep in mind that over 10% of the delegates at the Democrat convention will be NEA members. Their self interest is for white middle class tax payers to throw even more money at teachers so they can produce dropouts and criminals. My guess is if you added it all up it takes close to a million dollars to produce each collage graduate coming out of the Chicago Public School system. Some lack of utility, eh?

#11     Apr 7, 2008
  2. Wow, what black man did YOUR daughter run off with?

Stormfront is ----------------------> that way.

#12     Apr 7, 2008
  3. Ding Ding Ding!

Its not that people in the US are getting dumber, its the PERCENTAGE of uneducated people is getting larger and f-ing up all types of statistics...I'll leave it at that.

Unfortuntately I feel that anyone who doesn't agree with what Pabst wrote above, either A) hasn't been to an inner city or B) needs to take their head out of their ass. Its sad but people too often confuse racism with fact. NOBODY hates this situation more than educated black people, because it makes them look bad and perpetuates the stereotypes.

#13     Apr 7, 2008
  4. from newguy5

"Stop being such an elitist snob and sensationalize non events. "The largest NJ city 10 miles from Wall Street" is newark, the city is well known as the ghetto of the country for at least the last 2 decades, so why are you all surprised a HS kid or someone working as a cashier there isnt the next
    einstein?"

newguy5, in your upset you are proving my point. You would not expect good performance of people of certain background. You are the elitist.

I honor people by expecting the best of them and certainly a can do attitude from anyone in the service industry, whatever their background.

Society's low expectations did not hold Stanley O'neill down on the dirt farm in Alabama where he grew up (according to a biography in the current issue in the New Yorker Magazine) he made it to the top of the heap at GM and at Merrill.

Best,

GC

#14     Apr 7, 2008

5. The reason I've made money trading futures over a 25 year career is because I see things as they really are rather than what other folks wish they were.

White washing certain things i.e. crime, drop out rates ect. hasn't solved the problems, eh? In fact the out of touch lib PC model has made things worse. In Chicago many good kids of color drop out because they're scared of their gang banger classmates.

It's a battle that won't be won. Pay welfare mothers 100k to have their tubes tied. In one or two generations it'll work itself out.

#15     Apr 7, 2008
  6. We need to privatize education. The Government is a joke.

John

#16     Apr 7, 2008
  7. dcvtss

dcvtss

Exactly! How much more dismal must it become before the obvious truth can be spoken; that public education in this country is an abysmal failure. How much more tax money must be thrown at the problem, how much more hand wringing, how many more of these stories (they all read the same) must be written before we try something new? It probably won't happen because the average voter thinks more money for teachers = good as they have been brainwashed and bullied into believing. Give us all our money back, make schools private and guess what, bad teachers will get fired, there will not be a large class of sycophant administrators making six figures for doing nothing and more often than not skimming and directing contracts to friends and relatives and smart kids will be able to learn in a safe environment. The less academically inclined can go to vocational schools, there will always be a percentage of people that are just not interested in learning. I bet the price would be considerably lower than what is paid now in taxes, especially since illegals would also have to pay.

#17     Apr 7, 2008
  8. There are many causes as stated earlier. Number one is parenting. Parents who are no working, uneducated lazy bastards usually turn out kids with the same work ethic. Sadly it's these uneducated, lazy people that tend to breed the most having anywhere from 3 to 9 kids. So through the power of compounding they are growing at an alarming rate. Meanwhile the well educated people tend to choose careers and vacations with the new spouse first and might have 1 or 2 kids max later in life.

If you haven't seen it yet watch the movie Idiocracy. It's kind of a dumb funny movie but it's scary b/c I see it as a very plausible future if something doesn't change.

Part of the problem with the black community and choosing to be thugs if they can't make it as a rap or NBA star is partly the rap music industry. Too many rap artists promote the "gangsta" lifestyle as lavish and glamorous, with plenty of women, money, and clout. Black children and teens (and some white chldren and teens too) tend to look up to these people as role models and while most rappers have never been gangstas the kids learn to identify with that lifestyle and desire to grow up like their supposed drug dealing, ho running, cop killing superstar idols. Another part of the problem in the black community is what I call "self racism". When I was in high school I knew a couple of black kids that were so sure "the white man would hold them back" they didn't feel like they should even try and dropped out. This was what their parents and grandparents had taught them. Not to work hard and achieve but to give up b/c you won't make it anyway. It was sad too b/c a couple of them were very smart and could have been Dr.s or Lawyers had they applied themselves.

How do we change this? How do you change the mindsets of millions of people, to get them to apply themselves to become the best they can be no matter skin color, intelligence, or station in life starting out? Fuck if I know but it's going to get uglier before it gets better for sure.

#18     Apr 7, 2008
  9. #19     Apr 7, 2008
  10. What racists seem to want to blot out their minds is an 85 county area in the south called Appalachia.

So, should the welfare mothers in Appalachia, and the vast majority of them ARE on welfare, be sterilized also?

#20     Apr 7, 2008